Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aeros Customer Service

dannyk

One Too Many
I just wanted to give a shout-out and some love to the people at Aero. We all know they have an exceptional customer service team over there but they just went above and beyond with my stupid request that I don’t know any other company would even acknowledge. I currently have 3 Horse jackets and one cow. They are also all cross-zip perfecto style jackets. So for my next jacket I wanted something different specifically a bootlegger. I always enjoyed them and then after seeing @ton312 recent BL I knew I had to have one. I also said I can’t justify yet another hh jacket so it should be in steer. Not to mention my only cow jacket currently is a Vanson comp. weight and I’ve heard nothing but good things lately about the CXL steer. But alas I’m in the process of saving for a move to a new place. So I can only at this time afford something from the Aero sale, used, vintage page. So I emailed them with the absurd request of saying I want a BL in steer, size 36 or 38, from the sale, used, blue, or apprentice sections as that’s all I can afford. I’m just one cheap guy but is there any way you can email me and keep an eye out when one comes through? Realizing that why would they keep my email and name in the backs of their minds and go out of their way to notify me, especially when it’s not even full price I would pay. I most certainly expected a generic response that said thanks for the inquiry we will let you know. Lo and behold though Dominick emailed me back the very next day saying he went through their entire stock last night and sadly couldn’t find anything for me. He also said you know obviously fqhh is our main seller and especially in the bootlegger style. Which I mean I already knew. But he said don’t bother checking the site for a few weeks as sometimes they hold stuff for that page for a bit let stuff get sold then put up new stuff. Which is why he said he spent several hours checking for me as not everything that meets my criteria is on the website. He ended the email by saying hey a bootlegger in 36 or stf bootlegger in 38 in steer is a rare thing, so it’s easy to remember. He said he will happily keep his eyes open and keep reassessing stock for me and if it ever comes through he will email me to let me know before it goes up on the page.

dannyk

One Too Many
They are great people. That's why I own 5 aero's, all but one custom made, as well as many other clothing items and boots from them.
Perfect time to ask this then: I’ve been considering a pair of Jarrow Marchers in cordovan. Do you happen to own that style of boot and if so any opinions of them to share?

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Perfect time to ask this then: I’ve been considering a pair of Jarrow Marchers in cordovan. Do you happen to own that style of boot and if so any opinions of them to share?
I own a pair of Marchers in black horwern leather, leather sole. Supple and thick leather, really comfortable from day one. I was a bit disappointed by the leather sole though, within less than a year of normal wear I had to resole them at a local cobbler here. I own many many pairs of boots with thin leather soles and it was the first time I had to resole a pair so soon. I would go for the dainite soles if I were you

Harris HTM

One Too Many
By the way I am wearing them right now.
1523463162579652510068.jpg

15234631043301263038549.jpg

dannyk

One Too Many
Thanks and good to know! And yeah I live in Buffalo NY where it’s constantly snowing and crappy, and the pavement and concrete is always wrecked and jagged. So I was going to go dainite anyways. Only other question is do they fit more or less true to size?

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Thanks and good to know! And yeah I live in Buffalo NY where it’s constantly snowing and crappy, and the pavement and concrete is always wrecked and jagged. So I was going to go dainite anyways. Only other question is do they fit more or less true to size?
I would say they are a bit oversized. If its any help I wear size 7uk at Loakes and William Lennons and us9 at converse all stars. I got the marchers size 7.5 uk and they are a bit large. By the way one of my custom william lennon pairs are made of horween cxl no8 colour, I think it is the same as what aero calls cordovan colour (not type of leather keep in mind) and it is great colour with great depth.

dannyk

One Too Many
I would say they are a bit oversized. If its any help I wear size 7uk at Loakes and William Lennons and us9 at converse all stars. I got the marchers size 7.5 uk and they are a bit large. By the way one of my custom william lennon pairs are made of horween cxl no8 colour, I think it is the same as what aero calls cordovan colour (not type of leather keep in mind) and it is great colour with great depth.
Do you happen to own any redwings? I own a few pairs and they would be my most comparable boot to these. Other than my army/navy surplus store combat boots which would clearly be the closest but I don’t know what brand or who makes them. In most sneaker and shoes I wear either a 9 to 9.5US. But in RedWings I’m down to an 8. Same with my combat boots whoever makes those I have one pair that’s an 8.5 and another that is 8.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Do you happen to own any redwings? I own a few pairs and they would be my most comparable boot to these. Other than my army/navy surplus store combat boots which would clearly be the closest but I don’t know what brand or who makes them. In most sneaker and shoes I wear either a 9 to 9.5US. But in RedWings I’m down to an 8. Same with my combat boots whoever makes those I have one pair that’s an 8.5 and another that is 8.
No experience with red wings, regarding work boots I am in love with Lennons! I also wear a size 9us at Nike if it is of any help. I think a size 7.5uk would be fine but I strongly advise you to contact aero about it. Ordering shoes online without trying them on first ia always a bit of a gamble but I do it really often and it usually works out fine.

Woodster

New in Town
+1 for Aero customer service! I was in Newcastle on business and took some time out to drive up to the factory to be measured for a custom fit and Rachel Knox was absolutely brilliant offering great advice for my customised LHB. Turned out a perfect fit and is still my favourite go-to HH jacket.

Edward

Bartender

I have a pair of RedWing Iron Rangers and a pair of the Aero Town boots (which I believe fit like the Jarrows). I wear a US 9D/UK8/EU42 in both, with a similar fit in both.

dannyk

One Too Many
I have a pair of RedWing Iron Rangers and a pair of the Aero Town boots (which I believe fit like the Jarrows). I wear a US 9D/UK8/EU42 in both, with a similar fit in both.
Perfect. It just so happens my Red Wings are also Iron Rangers. So if the fit is similar if I ever get around to getting some Jarrows I’ll know what to expect for wise. Thanks.

Brettafett

One Too Many
I've always appreciated the customer service I've received from Aero. Holly and crew have always been very patient answering emails and getting measurements etc... And if there ever was an issue, it was resolved very quickly. A good bunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points