Aftermarket Hat Boxes

Discussion in 'Hats' started by jswindle2, Jun 29, 2011.

1. jswindle2

jswindle2 One of the Regulars

Does anyone have a preferred source for hat boxes? The type used for decoration rarely fit my big headed hats. Is there a company that offers usable aftermarket hat boxes or am I stuck looking for vintage boxes? I do have a triple decker Dobbs box, but I rarely see men's hat boxes that are for sale alone.

2. Mahagonny Bill

Mahagonny Bill Practically Family

I go to my local hat shop and buy the square cardboard Stetson boxes that they give away with new hats. They charge me around $5.00 per box. I'm sure you could get the same from any western clothing store.

3. Lloyd

Lloyd A-List Customer

If you want a fancy box check with Penman Hats
    for generic hat boxes Panama Bob sometimes sells boxes
    There are other vendors out there but these are the 2 I know of off the top of my head

4. jswindle2

jswindle2 One of the Regulars

That's a great idea! I did'nt even think of that. I live in Texas,on the Red River border. I'm neck deep in Western Wear stores. I'll try it out. I'll try Loyd's idea also. Thanks ya'll

5. jlee562

jlee562 I'll Lock Up

The modern Stetson hat boxes fit the bill, Hat Guys in Oakland sold one to me for $8, I think.

If you're looking for something a bit more stylish and/or vintage styled, Penman does nice hat boxes. His supplier is Sarah's Hat Boxes, located on the web at: http://www.sarahshatboxes.com/

If you order direct from them, I believe you have to ask for the hat insert.