Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aged Tan Cafe Racer is here

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Today I got the jacket. Seems like there were only 1 day delivey, that was fast.

My inital feeling was a little disapointed that the jacket wasnt as orange as in the pics, but I also knew they werent correct and I thought the actual color was gonna be more like it is. Its a good thing tho, because it looks very good.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The jacket wasnt made by whom I asked for, but it is absolutely stunning work. Its so perfectly stitched and beautiful and the panels are so nicely chosen. Everything seems to be very very nice in a first glance.

The fit is more snug on my hips then I thought, but i need to loose a kilo or 2 anyways lol

The hide is very rigid and not at all loose and it has a certain "ease of use" feel to it even tho its by no means light. I can weight it later if someone wants, it is lighter then the highwayman tho.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
The color is more orange then the first picture, but less like the last.
I think it looks alot like what one would expect "tan" to look like, but with the distress Aero has made wich makes is a little less shiny and kinda takes the edge of the orange you usually see in say a tan belt.

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Congrats Griff!

I think that colour is superb, imo nicer than the brighter orange example. I'd like to see a Highwayman in that colour.

Love the construction of the rear panels with the bi-swing back.

Sure is snug! Which seems like the right cut for this style, no more pies and pints for you ;)

JanSolo

Practically Family
Great jacket, Griff! I personally like the muted caramel shade much better than the bright orange on the Aero USA site. The slightly toned down hide makes it much easier to select the rest of your wardrobe. That colour should go well with black, brown, and olive (in terms of footwear) and most t-shirt colours. A great casual, cool jacket. Amazing when worn with vintage (styled) t-shirts or fitted western/plaid shirts, good denim and casual footwear. (Slightly less recommended with a more formal, classic look. i.e. dress shirt, polo shirt or crew neck sweater)

The fit is bang on. If you need to lose a kilo or two then do it...the jacket's worth the effort.:p A CR always looks best if you are in good shape. The trim cut and the simple lines are less forgiving than the silhoutte of a Long HB or Stockman.
Also the distressing is quite discrete. Great choice of leather and also sort of rare these days.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Thanks. Yes the color is soo cool and stands out but is still subtle enough to be easy to wear with just jeans and any t-shirt.

What I find extreme is that its been distressed after its stictched. I always thought the entire panel was just tumbled with stones or something but this is a whole new chapter of work after finishing the jacket.

Im gonna try and capture some of it later on when I have worn it in the rain a few times (wont be hard since its raining every day now)

Aether

One of the Regulars
Very nice Griff.

I love the colour and agree that it's a nicer shade than the orange version. Good fit too. You're certainly building up a nice little Aero collection:eusa_clap

Navin323i

Practically Family
Absolutely stunning jacket, Griff!!!! I'm so happy for you, bro. The jacket fits you nicely and the color looks great!!! :)

Seeing your jacket makes me wish I had mine... spoke with Amanda earlier today and they haven't started on my jacket yet, but no worries since I have my other Aero jacket I can wear now. :)

One of the Regulars
Wow

:eusa_clap
Absolutely gorgeous Griff!!!
That's a cafe racer jacket that I love to have , no doubt about it!
Perfect cut, workmanship, color,features and fit.
Enjoy it it and congratulations again!

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Griff- the color looks great and the fit is spot on. The aged steer looks really good. Is "aged" leather something different from "vintage" leather or just another term for the same product?

Oktobr

New in Town
Ok, so I haven't really been into the whole Cafe Racer look. But I must say this jacket as changed my mind a bit. It looks amazing, and the color couldn't be anymore perfect. Great selection.

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
I also like the tan a lot. The orange on their site is great but this is more versatile as has been pointed out. Beat on it a while and show us how it's doing again in a few months.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yes it is steerhide, but light as the midweight horse. Its around 3.5oz. It is not soft like the midhorse tho, but stiff.
My scale is not cool, but it looks like it is between 1.1-2 kilo.

To normal humans, this jacket is still a real piece of work even tho its light to us loungers. A guy asked if he could look at it because he thought it was so totally cool, and as soon as he held it he was like "wooow its also really well made and would almost support you some if you fall from the bike." so in his eyes it was a very well made jacket with a convincing weight.

I think the aging process is pretty extreme, I have tried to capture it. Looks like they mainly went over the jacket with a sandpaper. Some of you might freeze in shock and terror as some of the seems have been torn off during this process, I on the other hand think the jacket will hold anyway. lol

How it looks is alot to my liking, especially in this color.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Its already starting to mold to me. (but I wear it all the time :D )

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Griff,

Thanks much for the additional photos of the aging process.. it does look pretty cool. It looks like they sanded the inside of the jacket to "age" it as well.. nice touch!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I took some pictures outside today.

It was a little wierd lighting, but the jacket ranges from orange to brown depending on the lighting.
I also have alot of lovehandles right now since we went crazy at home eating alot of cheese and crackers and shrimp/mayo baguettes at nights for a week but Im on it ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

In action. (she almost fell and I were there to the rescue)
9.jpg

53Effie

A-List Customer
Hi Griff...That jacket is just a perfect fit. It is cool in every way. Really like the color. Congratulations on a great choice and thanks for posting the fit pictures.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto