Agnoulita Hats

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Perry Underwood, Feb 18, 2018.

1. J Williams

J Williams A-List Customer

It sounds like you have quite the collection - I'm looking forward to your return from Scotland - We should probably have that drink at your house so I can drool over your lids - From a safe distance of course.

dkstott, Tukwila and deadlyhandsome like this.
  2. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Great minds think alike. When I got my whiskey from Tim at Alley Kat he suggested a pencil curl, and I wound up liking it so much that all my custom considerations now include the curl. I also discovered the usefulness of black when I received my black Fed IV, which I wear (weather permitting) at least one day a week, and I also got a black hemp Stratoliner-style from Peters Bros. that I wear during these steamier months. So, you bet I'll be keeping an eye out.

deadlyhandsome and J Williams like this.
  3. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

My grey Agnoulita that should be shipping soon also has a flat brim and a curled brim edge; albeit, a bit wider than yours. It’s my first Agnoulita with a curl and I’m really looking forward getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

J Williams and Tukwila like this.
  4. J Williams

Good stuff. I would like to see that pencil curled whiskey. Here in the pacific north west it's been felt weather for nearly a month now and will remain so for many many months.. except for the days that it pours rain of course.

5. belfastboy

belfastboy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I think by Lounge standards it us modest...about 50 split between custom, off the rack and a few vintage. Come to my place and i should have some bottles of whisky from the trip.

J Williams likes this.
  6. PanosChris

PanosChris One of the Regulars

A few days ago at Mr P's place running a "deadly handsome" project :)
    IMG-1234e3f5e2f262769b9c9e3f509a9684-V.jpg IMG-cfcd5e628eb2bbbb11bc13327d01db29-V.jpg
    Of course we failed to reproduce the style and charm of Brent :( Nevertheless Mr P sends his warm greetings to all loungers !

And a teaser pic
    Screenshot_20190928-221825_Instagram.jpg
    This beaty is planning to land on my head soon ;)

Best,
    Panos

7. J Williams

Hello Friends, My indecisiveness is getting the best of me again. Trying to decide between 3 options for my new Agnoulita.

This is a 1/2" straight ribbon with a frayed edge that Mr. P. mocked up for me of his own accord - It actually looks pretty great.

icm_fullxfull.223342697_hg0yvj8n21sgswkw84ow.jpg

Next is a 1/2" ribbon in the 'hitchhiker' style that I saw posted on here. I think if I was to go with this style I would switch to 3/8"

icm_fullxfull.219426036_dp8ef7zn6rcwo8o04ks4.jpg

Last is a 1" straight ribbon with a frayed edge.

icm_fullxfull.219426032_lla8kn06uhw4ko84wgkk.jpg

I already decided that my next custom ( not this one ) is going to be a wider ribbon hat and I was originally going with a thin ribbon for this one. I wasn't crazy about it at first but the more I look I'm kind of leaning towards the 1/2" straight ribbon with the frayed edge, or sticking with my initial thought of the hitchhiker style but in 3/8"

Would love some input!

8. Tukwila

Tukwila Call Me a Cab

I prefer either 3/8" or the 1" frayed edge look... it's got that Stetson Boss Frayed Edge look.

9. PanosChris

PanosChris One of the Regulars

I guess it's a matter of personal preference. I too like the 1" frayed edge look for this hat style. However I think I would have gone with back only and angled frayed ribbon ends, like this one (pic stolen from an older thread) :
    DSCF0497_zpseddcd818.jpg
    Please discard this if it complicates things more.
    Best,
    Panos

10. deadlyhandsome

There really isn’t a bad choice there. I’m also a fan of the campaign bow, but on this hat I’d personally lean to the 1” frayed bow.

Interestingly, Mr. had never heard of a frayed bow when I asked for one just a month ago. I sent him a few photos for reference. I’m glad to see that he’s now offering them.

M Hatman, Scooterz, steur and 2 others like this.
  11. Tukwila

Tukwila Call Me a Cab

Man, that's nice.

12. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

I had sellers of hats describing the frayed bow as "damaged" more than once.

13. deadlyhandsome

Like open crown fedoras listed as bowlers.

M Hatman, Rmccamey and Tukwila like this.
  14. Tukwila

Tukwila Call Me a Cab

And open weave straw listed as "starting to unravel."

M Hatman and deadlyhandsome like this.
  15. J Williams

M Hatman, PanosChris and Boomerang like this.
  16. deadlyhandsome

Latest Agnoulita:
    2 7/8 inch brim before the mild curl. Six inch open crown. #52 block. 100% hare. Agnoulita is having problems getting his supplier of hare felts to deliver, but the ones he does have are very nice. The color I ordered never arrived from the felter so Mr. P made me this from a felt he had on hand. The hat is everything I was hoping it would be. The artificial lights don’t capture the light grey color of the felt. This is the “lightweight” (120g) felt and the color is 1-861-311.

[​IMG]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191030/b558391ba7455c1e026eeccf35846f85.jpg/
    IMG][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191030/f3e5249959152b4229ac7516e27044c3.jpg

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I love the iridescent liners!
    I’m thinking of a simple center crease to keep the crown as tall as possible. More photos coming.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  17. Just Daniel

Just Daniel Practically Family

Awesome! Is there another Deadly Handsome in the works? Great hats!

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  18. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

Fantastic, Brent. What is the wait time on one of those?

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  19. deadlyhandsome

Thanks, Daniel. I don’t have any more hats in queue with Agnoulita at this time. I’m taking a bit of a break, but this was on order for several months.

Mr. P is trying to get FEPSA beaver and beaver blend felt and that would be very tempting.

Just Daniel, PanosChris and Tukwila like this.
  20. deadlyhandsome

That’s a tough question. If you order a color and finish that he has in stock you can often receive them in less than one month! This hat was a few months in the making, and finally I told him to just go with a felt he had in stock rather than wait for the color I wanted to arrive. Mr. P is at the mercy of the felt suppliers for colors and finishes not in stock. Email him for a quote...and hopefully he’ll answer.

Rmccamey likes this.