Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HNC Hatworks (formerly known as Agnoulita Hats)

pairrothead01

Familiar Face
Looks great! These hats are a real bargain for the money, and more and more they are also quality customs that can hold their own.

The pleated liner looks wonderful and I like your choice of brim treatments. A Phoenix Hat that @belfastboy came up with was the first use of the contrasting bow colors that I saw, and Mr. P looks to have executed it well. Did you opt for a hare fur felt or did you go with rabbit?

Be warned: these hats are addictive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rabbit.....it is taking a lot of willpower not to order another immediately.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Marine blue antelope (suede) finish:

775B891A-0D3C-46BB-B574-C29417C43C69.jpeg
946C6457-43CC-4904-9A62-1A99736181C5.jpeg

I ordered an Antelope felt from MrP and it came in way too small to make a fedora with a decent sized brim and crown AFTER he assured me he would send one that would fit my spec. Disappointing result.

That is disappointing. Did you contact him to let him know it was too small?

My hat has a 6” open crown with a 2 5/8” brim and it’s a size 62cm. Lots of felt on this hat body. I remember him saying that his peachbloom felts weren’t large enough to make into a man’s hat.

I sent Mr. P an email before Christmas asking about felt and he has yet to get back to me. I like him as a person and I wish him well, but I don’t think I’ll order another hat from him. If you’re too busy to perform basic customer service duties then you’re too busy for me to do business with. Now if he sources FEPSA beaver.... ;)

That is disappointing. Did you contact him to let him know it was too small?

My hat has a 6” open crown with a 2 5/8” brim and it’s a size 62cm. Lots of felt on this hat body. I remember him saying that his peachbloom felts weren’t large enough to make into a man’s hat.

I sent Mr. P an email before Christmas asking about felt and he has yet to get back to me. I like him as a person and I wish him well, but I don’t think I’ll order another hat from him. If you’re too busy to perform basic customer service duties then you’re too busy for me to do business with. Now if he sources FEPSA beaver.... ;)

The felt was returnable but I have decided to keep it and use it in the hat making workshop. Maybe a stingy brim or another hat for my wife. If I screw it up no harm done.

PanosChris

Practically Family
Brent,

In addition to the gills (with dog ears) and wind cord (I know you don't like the look of them but this one hooks on a button in the inside so it's completely removable) I have also specified some more things for this one, like asymetric brim binding (homburg style) and aligned two tone sewed in (not glued) liner with printed logo. I'll try to upload some more pics later on (Tapatalk come back).

As regards dimensions it's indeed very frustrating if a hat arrives quite different than the specified. I've been there with some hatters. In my experience though, meeting ones specifications in blocks, flanges and dimensions is Mr P's strongest suit (along with his sweatbands and prices). Communication is a different story...

Best,
Panos

Brent,

In addition to the gills (with dog ears) and wind cord (I know you don't like the look of them but this one hooks on a button in the inside so it's completely removable) I have also specified some more things for this one, like asymetric brim binding (homburg style) and aligned two tone sewed in (not glued) liner with printed logo. I'll try to upload some more pics later on (Tapatalk come back).

As regards dimensions it's indeed very frustrating if a hat arrives quite different than the specified. I've been there with some hatters. In my experience though, meeting ones specifications in blocks, flanges and dimensions is Mr P's strongest suit (along with his sweatbands and prices). Communication is a different story...

Best,
Panos

Thanks! That’s something to look forward to.

Shadow1948

One of the Regulars
FD29D211-9018-4D5F-A529-96D0FDD42DAA.png
838CE134-38B2-4F45-A442-E3A0B4C147FA.jpeg
BBF2166E-A92D-475B-9DC4-C8847391B169.jpeg
Mr. P finally got back to me (I think someone reminded him he was neglecting his customers). It sounds like he’s very busy. He does have some FEPSA beaver felt in stock, but it sounds limited. I hope he gets his supply issues squared away. I’d like to buy beaver hat bodies from him as well as possibly commission another hat or two.
I’ve purchased two, and they’re fantastic. One is marine blue and the other is loden green. My only regret is not having the loden green one to have an open crown.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points