Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft Question

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
Campdraft question

Greetings everyone this is my first post as I am a new member. I've worn newsboy caps forever but now want to move to fedora's. I want a Campdraft, and my question being is the sizing accurate on them? I wear a
7 1/4 but i read where someone got there's and had to add padding to it to fit correctly. Should i go a size lower or stick with my size. I would hate to have to return something to Australia. And is it true I'll have to wait 3 months to get it? I dont guess that really matters now that spring is here, it's to hot in Nashville in the summertime for felts anyway. This is a fantastic site and I hope to chat with you guys and ladies often.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure either, but I'm quite sure there are those here that will be able to chime in on that question pretty soon and get you the answer you seek.

Also, welcome to the Lounge.:)

Cheers!

Dan

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Don't go lower, it should either be just right in your size or a little large at first. If it is a little large use the sizing strips that come with it until it shrinks to your size. And welcome to the lounge.:D

PhilS

One of the Regulars
3 months seems to be the rule

I wasted a lot of work time this week trying to find a Campdraft based upon recommendations here. Many places don't carry the Campdraft. The only ones I could find were in Australia and all of them had June ship dates, even for the non-custom colors. If you find one available sooner, let me know!

The Outlaw Kyle

One of the Regulars
I ordered a 61 (7 5/8) in tawny fawn, and it came in true to that. I have a long oval head, so it's a little tight fore and aft, but the circumference is right on.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
The Outlaw Kyle said:
I ordered a 61 (7 5/8) in tawny fawn, and it came in true to that. I have a long oval head, so it's a little tight fore and aft, but the circumference is right on.
I can help you with that! Just send it to me and I will sacrifice my very own 61 XLO to get it just right for your head. After a few years it will fit you like a glove!lol lol lol ;) :D

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys

Great info, so i ordered one yesterday from everything australian. Hey Rick good to know i'm not the only one in Tn, are you close to Nashville? I've never bashed a hat, I dont know how hard it is but might need a little teaching on the subject.

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
oh I forgot

Kyle that is the nicest hat, I love how you bashed it thats just how I like mine the only thing diffrent is i ordered a silverbelly.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Boxerken said:
... Hey Rick good to know i'm not the only one in Tn, are you close to Nashville? ....

Naw, I'm in lovely downtown KNOXVEGAS!
aka Hillbilly Central, home to the mysterious Melungeon people and the place where Hank Williams gave up the ghost. We have more than a few Vols herebouts, luvthatlulu is here in Knox as is tinmanzzz and Mr. Barrow is from nearby Maryville...duggap from Chatanoogie,Cruiser from somewhere 'roundabouts as are peacoat, undertaker and the IMMORTAL Michaelson .. lotsa Vols here!

cadescovefall.jpg

Cades Cove in the Fall

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Rick Blaine said:
Naw, I'm in lovely downtown KNOXVEGAS!
aka Hillbilly Central, home to the mysterious Melungeon people and the place where Hank Williams gave up the ghost. We have more than a few Vols herebouts, luvthatlulu is here in Knox as is tinmanzzz and Mr. Barrow is from nearby Maryville...duggap from Chatanoogie,Cruiser from somewhere 'roundabouts as are peacoat, undertaker and the IMMORTAL Michaelson .. lotsa Vols here!

cadescovefall.jpg

Cade's Cove in the Fall
I'm from Crossville one week out of the year!:rolleyes: :D

warbird

One Too Many
I'm from Nashville and live just down the road now. As one of the few Akubra owners in the state, I'm always glad to have another.

Oh and I'm not a VOL, in school terms anyway, only in state affiliation. I'm a commodore. Well one degree was anyway.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Rick Blaine said:
There ya' go! Lovely little town that it is, I picked up 3 fedoras f/ $30 last month in Crossville on a trip across the plateau.
Dang it , I went to the antique store by the highway and did not find anything. I did end up with a case of wine from Stonehaus winery though! :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

warbird

One Too Many
Danged it all. I have scoured these antique shops in my travels across the state and almost never found anything. In fact, only once have I found anything worthwhile.

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
warbird, i've lived in nashville for 18 years now but i'm an old Ky boy I bleed wildcat blue. Glad to be joining the Akubra crowd

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Dang it , I went to the antique store by the highway and did not find anything. I did end up with a case of wine from Stonehaus winery though! :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

You may well have done better. We had to go through the center of town (several times) to hunt these down and all were the wrong size & ended up on ebay. :rage:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk