Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra crown heights and model info

wedgetail

New in Town
I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me the (preferably open) crown heights of an Akubra Warrego and Riverina? I'm wanting the higher crown of the two, but not sure if they're high enough. They look a little higher than the Territory, am I right?

I'm wanting to end up with something similar to a Border (NLA, very sad). I tried for a tanbark brown Bobby but after 5 months I got fed up and hassled people to find they no longer make it in that colour. The supplier is offering me any Akubra for cost though now :)
e0sw0z.jpg

I'll make the band and trim the brim (if needed) so could get a woomera (my favourite all time work hat which is the old getting replaced, but looking for a change this time) but it's still MTO and I'm now impatient. So I'm thinking of a riverina in Loden or Warrego in fawn (I know heaps lighter but at least it's not sand). My criteria are 92mm (3.6") + brim, dark as brown as possible, high as crown as possible, preferably no air holes (riverina has them but comes in dark brown) and off the shelf (not MTO), is there any other model that meets this that anyone knows of? I also like the look of the Pilbara but MTO, and would have loved a Cowboy but they've discontinued too. Can't believe they've dropped all these great hats - if there was an alternative I'd boycott them (to make me feel better)...

wedgetail

New in Town
Alright so my deliberating is evolving... The Warrego I think is too low crowned. So it's down to the Riverina or Sombrero. I know not many here will have direct experience of these two, but given the following details - could anyone comment on which would be better to get closest to the above Border? If I flattened and trimmed the sombrero brim (to say 92-95mm roughly 3.7"), could I get the crown low enough to be the same proportions as the Border? If I trimmed the brim of the Riverina would the crown be high enough to match the Border shape?

Sombrero
brim 4 5/8" x 5", crown 6 1/4".
akubra_tilt_sombrero_fawn.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana