Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Cruiser Grey Question

metropd

One Too Many
Does anyone have accurate pictures of the Akubra Cruiser Grey color? I was told it is a medium grey with a blue undertone to it. I really got excited to hear that. Awhile ago I contacted Hats Direct and asked them about Glenn Grey. They told me it is also a blue grey but has a slight green tint. I personally don't care for the green tint so I decided not to purchase it. Would the Cruiser Grey be a medium grey with only a undertone of blue?

metropd

One Too Many
It is interesting to me that the only company in the world that can offer this basic staple color is Black Sheep Hat Works. These are very dark times... I will send all my Business to Bob Jessee.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I can't comment on the cruiser grey but moonstone is a true blue-grey. In certain artificial lighting it has a very slight green undertone, but this tends to be more down to the lighting than the colour of the felt.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I don't see any green in the Glen Grey (I have a Stockman that color) - it looks pretty much like a blue-grey to my eye. Now Akubra's Mid-Brown (Federation III), *that's* got a distinct green cast.

STOCKMN1.JPG

This is an old (film) picture taken in bright sun that looks accurate to me. (Yes, I'm wearing a black A-2.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk