Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

citRon

A-List Customer
Moonstone Stylemaster

IMG_0439.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0438.jpg
[/IMG]

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Federation IV Deluxe Moonstone

Shaped to Indy style, did not have to use steam or water either, a great hat to work with:

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

N. :)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Got this today, Tawny Fawn Fed III. Just checked to make sure it fits and will do a little sanding on the felt, although it is much smoother than the felt on my black fed. Then it goes back in the mail to Optimo.

GEDC0351-1.jpg

GEDC0353-1.jpg

GEDC0354-1.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
What grit of sandpaper do you use? What will you have Optimo do to it?
I use 150 lightly or finer with a little more sanding. I am sending it to Optimo to get the brim cut evenly to 2 1/2 or 2 5/8 and a 9 ligne binding on the brim to match the ribbon.

toobacat

One of the Regulars
GEDC0353-1.jpg

I like the looks of that hat open crowned. I'm thinking of something similar with a campdraft, since they don't have any Fed IIIs in my size.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
IC, that's going to be a great one for sure! I am really interested in the binding project...and I agree with gtd, go with the 2 5/8 brim. You can carry that very easily.

BobC

I'm real interested in seeing that hat with a bound brim. I have two Fed Dlx IV's that I'm thinking of sending to Optimo for the same treatment.

BobC

I got an e-mail today from Hatsdirect saying my gray Campdraft is in stock and will leave via the next post. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

carter said:
I received an email from Jenny at HD as well. Glen Grey Campdraft should be here in 7-10days. :D

Carter, you'll no doubt get yours before I do. Shipments to me from Hatsdirect have always so far taken 14 to 16 days.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Let us know what the brim width is too! I have 3 campdrafts and 2 of them are 2 7/8 and one is 3 inches.[huh]

I have two Fed IIIs and one is 2 7/8 front, 2 3/4 rear, and 2 5/8 sides. The other is 2 3/4 all the way around for the most part.lol

Mr. Paladin

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!! After reading your posts about the Campdrafts, I checked my e-mail and I too had the notice stating my glen grey is on "next post". I hope mine doesn't end up underneath a shipment of elephants like some of the threads recently have shown....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic