Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Value is Soaring Right Now

panama jack

One of the Regulars
I just bought one last week and paid $85.00 including shipping too. I checked last night and they were just under $64.00. I guess they are still dropping.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The AUD has dropped like nearly 30cents to the USD in 1 month after they said it would have parity before Christmas ...30% wow! :rage: [huh] :eek: :eek:

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Yeah, I ordered an Akubra about 3 weeks ago and I even posted a thread about prices being as low as I'd ever seen them. Now they're $11 cheaper than when I ordered and I still have the 3 month wait. shakeshead

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I'm in a similar situation re my Bogart from HatsByTheHundred, but I notice that my credit card hasn't been charged yet.

I'm hoping that when my hat arrives from the factory and ships (late November), the $90AU (+$13AU shipping) will be converted to US $ at the current rate... not the conversion rate as of a month ago when I ordered the hat.

Of course, this assumes that rates will remain favorable for another seven weeks or so, which is hardly a given in today's volatile economic climate!

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Its frustrating. I can't set up an account at Everything Australian. It doesn't recognize when I type in my address. It keeps coming back saying it needs an address. I emailed, and I guess they're looking at it.

carter

I'll Lock Up
HatsDirect doesn't appear to have any wait for the Campdraft. I ordered one Monday evening. I went that route because Everything Australian, as IC noted, has a 3 month wait on the Campdraft.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
HatsDirect doesn't appear to have any wait for the Campdraft. I ordered one Monday evening. I went that route because Everything Australian, as IC noted, has a 3 month wait on the Campdraft.
That's what I was afraid of, And hatsdirect is great to deal with so I don't mind paying a little more. I am seriously thinking of picking up another campdraft in taupe fawn if the color is different enough from the silverbelly. Or I could get a regular fed in tawny fawn...:eusa_doh: :rolleyes:

kaosharper1

One Too Many
carter said:

As long as you want taupe fawn, they have it. No other colors though. And a much higher price: $79 vs. $60.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
kaosharper1 said:
As long as you want taupe fawn, they have it. No other colors though. And a much higher price: $79 vs. $60.
They still have silver belly too, or at least they did when I got mine. Still a bargain when you try to find another hat as good and as inexpensive.

carter

I'll Lock Up
For those who like the Campdraft in bluegrass green felt, it can be ordered from EverythingAustralian. I'm considering pulling the trigger on one while the price is very favorable. A three month wait won't be that bad.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
For those who like the Campdraft in bluegrass green felt, it can be ordered from EverythingAustralian. I'm considering pulling the trigger on one while the price is very favorable. A three month wait won't be that bad.
Just in time to sit under the tree! NO SIR not again!:eek:

carter

I'll Lock Up
YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT !

indycop said:
Just in time to sit under the tree! NO SIR not again!:eek:

Just think of the anticipation, the memories, the joy, the ......

Later guys. I'm leaving to pick my daughter up from school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana