Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leather Arkansas in black goat

samo

One of the Regulars
I got my new jacket AL Arkansas in black goat leather. Again the stiching and attention to detail is perfect. The only minor complaint would be Talon breast pocket zipper instead of RiRi. Nevertheless, I am very happy costumer again.

Jacket measurements:
chest 48',
sleeves and back lengths 28.5',
shoulder to shoulder 22.5'.

Modifications:
no external breast pocket,
two pockets in leather facing, left open while the right one has zip closure,
Black Stewart cotton tartan lining,
RiRi main zip instead of Talon.

Pics were not taken under the daylight, but I guess they are good enough for general impression....

Some fit pics
P1010298.JPG P1010299.JPG P1010300.JPG

and details...
P1010302.jpg P1010303.jpg P1010304.jpg P1010305.jpg

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It seems to be a very nice jacket but your straps appear to be too tight leading to the odd swoosh at the bottom. It also appears to be very long for a half-belt, although I am a fan of longer jackets.

dan_t

Practically Family
Nice, I just sold one of these & can attest to the overall build quality - it is superb!
Sleeves look spot on, the body is on the longer side. If this is what you were after, wear with pride & enjoy!!!

Last edited:

Azog

Familiar Face
Looks great!. I think you've done very well. The hem flare will settle down once the new leather "finds its creases" so to speak.

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
Sleeves shoulders and Chest look great .. but from the pics it looks like you are fairly slim and as such have cinched in the side adjusters. Once it softens up it will look better but equally you might want to speak to Brendan / Steve / Will at Alexanders and see if they could adjust it in at the sides ( a relatively easy mod TBH without adversely affecting the jacket) ... this is the huige advantage of "fit jackets" IMHO as used by Thurston, BK and others.

Most on here ( with a few exceptions ) like their jackets shorter ( just below the belt ... but that really depends on what style of jeans you are wearing) ... I'm not one of them and my view is if it feels good then it is good IMHO. I LOVE the Goatskin ( just bought a Dakota in the same ) a bit softer than both Aeros' and BK's IMHO ( I have both albeit in seal) and a little bit lighter.

Worf .. the Arkansas has a slight V front taper so you were quite correct :)

Lovely jacket, wear it well .... it'll be perfect spring and summer :)

Cooperson

One Too Many
Many have said the black goat is nice, so I'm sure it is, it should be well made too. What really strikes me on first sight is the length, it seems to be caught between a standard 30's/40's Halfbelt and a long Halfbelt. If that is what you intended, then ignore this. For the vintage purists though, I think they would be looking at quite a bit shorter in the length and trimmer in the body to avoid the cinched in flare. The main thing is, are you happy with it? If you are, ignore all opinions here, wear the hell out of it and enjoy it :)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I agree, it has to please you, not us, but you did ask for feedback, it's always a case of "be careful what you ask for..."

samo

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the opinons guys. Regarding the length i prefer that half belt is positioned on my true waist and not higher on the lats. Now what is a true waist line for me? I think somewhere where the belt of really high waisted pants sits or from different perspective, on the position of spin supporting weightlifting belt?
Regarding the side adjusters I agree with You. My chest circumference is 48' while the waist is 34'. So thanks for advice Plumbline, I thought that side adjusting modifications are much more complicated.

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the opinons guys. Regarding the length i prefer that half belt is positioned on my true waist and not higher on the lats. Now what is a true waist line for me? I think somewhere where the belt of really high waisted pants sits or from different perspective, on the position of spin supporting weightlifting belt?

I get you. Of course the belt is ornamental not functional. The problem is the drop at the front of this pattern. I asked for a 26.5 inch back but it meant the front was too low for my taste so I had them take up the front an inch. Still has the noticeable drop but it doesn't interfere with me doing up my fly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112