Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alien:covenant & Live by night

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
For those who like the 'Alien' movies, a new film will be released next year Alien: covenant' (2017)
Apparently it's a sort of follow on from ' Prometheus' (2012) , but with the intensity & feel of the first two ' Alien' movies.....it certainly looks like it might be a good film.

And then there is another movie that might have passed under the lounge radar called 'Live by Night' (2016).....a story of gansters set in the prohibition era, so plenty of sharp suits & fedoras.
Only one problem, it's directed by & stars; Ben Aflleck.:D

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Saw Live by Night the other night. Well there were plenty of great hats and suits, but the plot and characters did not seem to be fully developed.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I really enjoyed Prometheus so I'll be watching the new one.

I was looking forward to Live by Night, but having heard reviews that are not the greatest, I'll wait until it's either a cheap rental.

Edward

Bartender
LIve by Night is one I'll probably see on a plane somewhere... Since the cinema became an expensive night out in recent year,s we tend only to go and see stuff we're really keen to catch on the big screen; the rest is Netflix. The folks I know who've seen it said it was entertaining enough, but attempted to pass off Dublin accents for Kilarney. Which is like mixing up New York and Florida....

I'm excited for the new Alien franchise film. I know a lot of folks didn't care for Prometheus, but I enjoyed it. For me it was back to the tension of the first Alien film, without the silly, macho action-nonsense of Aliens. I still liked Aliens well enough, but imo it's fra from the best in the franchise. I prefer Alien3 over it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk