Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All American Girls Baseball

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Some time ago I came across some photos and the AAGB Web site:

peaches1944big.jpg

http://www.aagpbl.org/index.cfm

Vanessa

One Too Many
I'm a big fan of the the "After Game" Regime:

Here are a few simple rules that should prove helpful and healthful "after the game."

1. Shower well and soap the skin.
2. Dry thoroughly to avoid chapping or chafing.
3. Apply cleansing cream to face * remove with tissue.
4. Wash face with soap and water.
5. Apply skin astringent.
6. Apply rouge moderately but carefully.
7. Apply lipstick with moderate taste.
8. Apply eye make*up if considered desirable.
9. Apply powder.
10. Check all cuts, abrasions or minor injuries.

Will painted-on stockings cover sliding-into-home leg bruising? Hmmm. . .

Vanessa

One Too Many
She's been spotted by a few others. Anyone know if she bought the uniform or repro'd it herself?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I am really excited because I will be getting one of those uniform soon!! I opted to go for the Kenosha Comets uniform since I was born and raised in Kenosha, Wisconsin! :)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I definately will. I am actually thinking about getting both the home uniform and the away-game uniform, but I think I will just get the home one until I see what it looks like in person.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
LolitaHaze said:
I definately will. I am actually thinking about getting both the home uniform and the away-game uniform, but I think I will just get the home one until I see what it looks like in person.

I really can't wait to see that!

colleency

One of the Regulars
I've been trying to get a group together to make these costumes for years! I don't have an embroidery machine, so I wasn't sure how to get the patches.

swinggal

One Too Many
I was lucky enough to have my seamstress friend make me up a Roockford Peaches game uniform back in 2002. Mel is amazing and her attention to detail was spot on, right down to the pleats in the back. I made the patches etc myself by using old logo info etc. Will post some pics when I find them.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Please do! It was looking for the Kenosha Comets patch that lead me to the site that sells the uniforms. I figured it would be easier for me to pay the $250 than to try to make it myself. I couldn't find a decent photo. I asked my sister if she could look it up for me (she still lives in Kenosha) but I think she forgot. :(

swinggal

One Too Many
I have more photos of full length shots at home and will post them tonight.

Mel and I watched League of their Own quite a lot to get the uniform right, Apparently the uniforms in the movie were copied straight form existing vintage ones. Mel sketched a lot of things down, and I remember her saying it was a challenge because of the front opening and odd collar and getting the skirt to sit right.

The patches, I did my research and and reproduced them in Photoshop (I'm a designer). I printed them out on t-shirt transfers and ironeds them onto the same fabric as the dress. Then Mel embroidered the edges onto the dress, so they look just like a patch. You cant see it here but I have the AA logo on the arm left shoulder too. BTW, my hair was perfectly curled at the back at the beginning of the night. Had all fallen out due to the heat by the time the pic was taken. Not an especially flattering shot either.

206263133_ae6034611f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points