Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Hallows Eve - 2010

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I and my two teenage children will be going to the Ballroom Dancing place in Palo Alto, CA that I (and often they) frequent for their annual Halloween Party. Its on Friday evening (10/29). This year my son Daniel (age 14) will be in his white tie, top hat and tails as Fred Astaire, my daughter Sarah (age 16) will be a woodland faerie, and I be repurposing the Ren Faire peasant costume I made in the late 1980's and some other coordinating pieces that go with to be Dulcinea/Aldonza from "The Man of La Mancha".

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well, Halloween is not a big deal in Juneau as I'm told, but Im heading the local Ball, where I'm told a duo named Twilight Hotel will sing Noir style songs, it sounds promising. As a costume, I'll be wearing my good pinstripe suit and a domino mask. Noir-ish but still All Hallows Eve appropriate.

Has anyone heard of this musical duo? I did a search but only found their website, not much on description.

Pompidou

One Too Many
Saturday the 30th is a party at a friend's house, and I'm dressing as a Franciscan monk with a minikeg of St. Bernardus abbey ale and my favorite stein to complete the costume and satisfy the BYOB requirement.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They're playing The Rocky Horror Picture Show at our campus, so I guess I'll do that...if not that, I'll just watch whatever horror movie is coming on that night [huh].

Harp

I'll Lock Up
... I'm dressing as a Franciscan monk with a minikeg of St. Bernardus abbey ale and my favorite stein to complete the costume and satisfy the BYOB requirement.

...don't forget to take up a collection for the Sacred Heart Province to satisfy the Franciscan requirement. ;)

~Kate~

New in Town
I somehow convinced my best friend to come with me to see a Halloween themed classical concert. They encourage costumes so we are going to get dressed up too :D

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I somehow convinced my best friend to come with me to see a Halloween themed classical concert. They encourage costumes so we are going to get dressed up too :D

Damsel or beautiful witch? ;) Rachmaninov's Isle of the Dead seems ideal for a classical Halloween concert. :)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Halloween themed Classical Concerts are great fun! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time, the music that is usually chosen for these is fabulous. The musicians often dress up too. I remember one where one of the male brass players dressed as Carmen Miranda!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We already had our Halloween festivities, last weekend, with a double feature of "Frankenstein" and "Young Frankenstein." I came as The Mother In Law of Frankenstein.

lizzenstein.jpg

"Get a job, you shiftless bum! And put on a tie!"

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Last night in Palo Alto, at the Friday Night Dance's annual Halloween Party. So many of the attendees dressed up this year, yippee!! dd Sarah was a line ballroom dancer, ds Daniel went as Fred Astaire in his vintage beaver top hat, and white tie and tails.

I was dressed as Dulcinea/Aldonza from "Man of La Mancha". Reworked my old (late 1980s) home-sewn Ren Faire costume.
IMG_0097.jpg

Not sure Mr. Scarecrow would have a solid dance frame for being a dance partner, him with only straw for limbs... Yes, I danced all evening barefoot.
IMG_0036.jpg

Last edited:

Panache

A-List Customer
Later for this evening's Halloween party....

"And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all."

Beware Prince Prospero, Beware! ;)

Cheers

Jamie

Another working weekend between the field and the local greasy-spoon...

So my costume, keeping work-friendly, is...
EPIC: "Eternally P-ed-off Independent Contractor."
Oh wait, that's me every day... so I'll just let the attitude drift a couple more notches toward "Go Baghdad" to keep in-character.lol

Panache

A-List Customer
Last night in Palo Alto, at the Friday Night Dance's annual Halloween Party. So many of the attendees dressed up this year, yippee!! dd Sarah was a line ballroom dancer, ds Daniel went as Fred Astaire in his vintage beaver top hat, and white tie and tails.

I was dressed as Dulcinea/Aldonza from "Man of La Mancha". Reworked my old (late 1980s) home-sewn Ren Faire costume.
IMG_0097.jpg

Not sure Mr. Scarecrow would have a solid dance frame for being a dance partner, him with only straw for limbs... Yes, I danced all evening barefoot.
IMG_0036.jpg

You look wonderful! Where was Peter O'Toole?

Haqppy Halloween cC!

Cheers

Jamie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points