Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds 8 1/2 D White Golf Shoe

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would like to part with a nice pair of Allen Edmonds all-white golf shoes. I thought I would give you fellas a chance at these first before I post them to eBay.

Pictures posted below and large for your convenience. Asking $55 USD + Shipping. Can accept check, money order or PayPal (check or money order preferred - I'm a little old fashioned that way).

Appear to be NOS, acquired from an estate. They do not have any signs of wear. Champ Tool Steel cleats are clean at toes, appear slightly rusted around edges on heels. Pebbled leather is pristine, still tight, shows slight signs of shelf wear with mild creasing at laces on right show; no creasing in left shoe. All stitching appears to be intact and supple. Inner leather is supple, soft and appears quite fresh. Interior still has faint leather scent, no foot odors, etc. Lettering on interior reads as follows: 8 1/2 D 55647 4 7 1521 COMB. 7542. Allen Edmonds "insert tag" (if you will) is opposite interior lettering (I couldn't get the picture to show up; basically, an Allen Edmonds tag is sown into the interior leather, sorry for the poor explanation, but I'm sure those familiar with the brand know what I mean). Pair of shoes comes with single original shoe lace - other is missing. Measures just under 12" total from heel to toe on underside.

Note in below picture: Faint cordovan mark on back quarter panel of left shoe. Previous owner likely brushed a cordovan toe tip against this leaving a very faint mark. I've altered the brightness and contrast to "pop" the mark for better viewing.

I have left these shoes entirely unaltered; I merely brushed them with a rag to remove any dust. As previously stated, they appear to have been shelved shortly after purchase. They could likely use a coat of polish. The slight rusting on the cleat might also be an issue to address, but certainly not a hinderance.

Please post any questions; PM offers. I will choose the best offer. I don't get on the Lounge as often as I'd like, so if I haven't responded in a day or two, don't worry!

AETopDownFull.jpg

AETopandposedfull.jpg

AEPosedfull.jpg

AEInsideLetters.jpg

AEInside.jpg

AEInnerHeel.jpg

AEHeels.jpg

AEChampToolSteelCleatToe.jpg

AEChampHeel.jpg

AEBottomfull.jpg

Undertow

These are back up for anyone interested. Paypal accepted, money order/check preferred. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks for looking!

NW Trojan

Practically Family
Nice pair of shoes, indeed! Have you considered removing the spikes and wearing them as a summer dress shoe???? Don't know of a golf club today that would allow the shoe on their course because of the metal spikes. But the driving range? Yes!

Good luck with the sale.

Undertow

Nice pair of shoes, indeed! Have you considered removing the spikes and wearing them as a summer dress shoe???? Don't know of a golf club today that would allow the shoe on their course because of the metal spikes. But the driving range? Yes!

Good luck with the sale.

Anyone happen to know how to remove the cleats? These are entirely too small for me, unforunately; I'm more of a 14D sorta guy. But perhaps some of you gents that could fit into these could remove the cleats?

If I don't get anything on them tonight or tomorrow, I'll be posting them on eBay. I just haven't got around to shutting this old boy down. It's quite unfortunate the first deal fell through - I was hoping to wrap this up sooner. :(

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Anyone happen to know how to remove the cleats?
I vaguely recall somebody over at AAAC removing them and there were holes left in the sole but I don't recall what brand shoe or cleat it was. I suppose you could call AE for advice.

1-800-235-2348 (Mon-Fri 7:30AM-5PM CST).

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Anyone happen to know how to remove the cleats? These are entirely too small for me, unforunately; I'm more of a 14D sorta guy. But perhaps some of you gents that could fit into these could remove the cleats?

If I don't get anything on them tonight or tomorrow, I'll be posting them on eBay. I just haven't got around to shutting this old boy down. It's quite unfortunate the first deal fell through - I was hoping to wrap this up sooner. :(
I'm pretty sure you can buy a set of plastic cleats that the courses allow today and they will come with a wrench. Just replace the cleats with plastic and you are good to go on the course. Or you can remove the metal spikes with the wrench and try to wear them as dress shoes - they will have metal female studs left (holes).

NW Trojan

Practically Family
Yes, you should be able to easily buy plastic spikes to replace the metal spikes, Check the diameter of the spike when you buy the new plastic ones to make sure they are the same diameter to fit in the spike hole in the bottom of the shoe. You can get replacement spikes at nearly any sporting goods store, Walmart, Target, etc.

I joked earlier bout wearing them "spikes out" as casual shoes because I have actually done that with a pair of golf shoes.

Your shoes should sell quickly; great brand and great condition. Anyone who knows about golf shoes will know that the spikes are not an issue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21