Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds "Empire"

GWD

One Too Many
Has anyone heard of these? Any guesses as to decade of manufacture?

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
"In the late 1920s Spiegel left the company, bought out by William Edmonds, who owned a Milwaukee company called Edmonds Foot Fitters. Edmond's trade name soon replaced the "Osteo-Path-Ik" moniker, and the company's expanding range of shoes now became known as Allen-Edmonds Footfitters"

GWD

One Too Many
sproily said:
Wow you lucky guy.. My exact size also.. Damn..

Nice to know Tomasso.

Sproily, don't even! lol I've been looking at all your vintage purchases as of late. Don't talk to me about being lucky!

sproily

Practically Family
Finding immaculate spade soled 20's-30's shoes is always lucky! ;)

...If you ever want to rid of them (I have absolutely no idea why you would want to, though) I'll buy them from you :p

GWD

One Too Many
Empires came today! The good news is they fit and they're beautiful, the bad news is the leather is a bit brittle and when I tried them on, they both ripped just a little at the heel. :(

The tongue on one shoe is just hanging on by a thread.

I've already contacted Allen Edmonds with pictures to see if they can make repairs.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I hate when bad things happen! :rage:

bbshriver

One of the Regulars
give em the leatherique treatment
http://www.leatherique.com/

Do it right and you'll be amazed how soft the leather becomes. Should come back like new. Obviously though you'll need to get any tears repaired.

Exactly the shoes I want, except I want oxblood/burgundy instead of the white... but nobody makes em!:(

cookie

I'll Lock Up
AE Specs

The MD will love to see those after the Matt Deckard resurrection of the Strohfuts.

They have the 20s treatment and are veeeeerrrrry interesting with that pegged (holzgenagelt = wood nailed in German) heel. They appear little worn as well.

It is a constant problem with vintage shoes that they split at that point. They do so because it is thin and very exposed to drying.

Before wearing them I have my vintage shoes reinforced by my cobbler with a strip of curved leather from underneath where the lacing starts on the vamp around the indside of the back of the heel with fine stitching. Works every time. But first always use Pecards or Lexol to allow the dryness to soften out.

They are also a sexier last design than the more spacious Broadstreets which have recently been deleted.

GWD

One Too Many
Cookie, can you post a few pictures of the work you've had done to your vintage shoes? It would be great so we can take the necessary precautions for the next pair of shoes!

This is my first pair of vintage shoes and if I would have known what to expect, I wouldn't have tried them on right away.

I would love for everyone to learn from my mistake and not learn from their own.

Thanks!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21