Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds sizing

kools

Practically Family
I haven't worn J & M, but I have typically worn a size 10, but I have found my best size in AE to be 9.5 D.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
As important as size is the last on which a shoe is made. AE makes shoes on several different lasts. It may be necessary to go up or down in size to fit a particular last.

Barry

Practically Family
You need to take into consideration the last.

I'm not sure if the sizing chart is on their website but you need to look at the four digit number (specifically, the last number, I think) for the shoe you in which you are interested. For example, I wear shoes ending in the number "8" which tend to be a bit wider. With respect to Alden shoes I prefer the "Barrie" last.

Barry

Barry

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
As important as size is the last on which a shoe is made. AE makes shoes on several different lasts. It may be necessary to go up or down in size to fit a particular last.

Heh, we were posting at the same time :).

Barry

6StringShooter

One of the Regulars
Orgetorix said:
To elaborate on what Tomasso and Barry said, probably the best thing to do would be to go to a store that stocks AE shoes, and try on different models on several different lasts, and see how the various lasts fit you.

Yep, that was my plan, but all the stores in my area on that list don't have any in stock...they would have to order them :mad: they have J&M though, that's why I was wondering...

Fifty150

One Too Many
I have typically worn a size 10, but I have found my best size in AE to be 9.5 D.

My man normally wears a 10.5D J&M; however, when purchasing the formal slip-on AE he required an 11D or M.

go to a store that stocks AE shoes, and try on different models

We all have different feet. The shoes are built on different lasts. There is no real world standard for shoe sizing. Allen Edmonds shoe sizes go up and down by 1/3 of an inch. My rulers and tape measures read in tenths, and 16ths of an inch. And the recommendation is to go up and down by a half shoe size. Trying on shoes is the only way to shop for any shoes, no matter what the brand.

1697253852025.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner