Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Allies"

Story

I'll Lock Up
Former World Cup winner and Chelsea defender Frank Leboeuf has turned his hand to acting - and is shooting a feature film in Derbyshire.

The Second World War movie, called Allies, not only stars the former French international footballer but Matt Willis, a founding member of pop rock band Busted and I'm a Celebrity winner, also has a major role.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/C...tory-19761871-detail/story.html#ixzz2ezBNpDcz

Calwich Abbey Estate, and areas of Brailsford and Ednaston are being used by location scouts to film Allies, which stars former French international footballer Frank Leboeuf and Matt Willis – a founding member of pop rock band Busted.

The action drama tells the story of a parachute regiment from England dropped behind enemy lines on a mission to recover sensitive documents. On their journey home they are met by French resistance.

http://www.ashbournenewstelegraph.c...in-to-film-a-new-WW2-movie-20130913171515.htm

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
A mate of mine has applied to be an extra in this...and he has just semi retired at 45 so has plenty of time he also lives like me in Derbyshire so is fairly close...interestingly his grandfather lived in the disputed Zaolzie area, after they were invaded/annexed by the Polish army in 1938 he and his friends quickly joined the Germans when they re-occupied in 1939, he was a tank driver/mechanised infantryman, he was captured by the British in Italy and de Nazified then fought for the allies for the rest of the war even going to Palestine til 1948, on returning to Britain it became quite clear that despite doing what he thought was right and fighting against the Polish 'invaders' with the German Wehrmacht he was no longer welcome in his place of birth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy