Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alpha Industries M65 Field Jacket

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Had one for some years but I can't recall for sure if mine was a Large or an XL, I think it was a Large - I'm a 44" chest in most jackets and it was a good fit with the winter liner in it.

I think generally when people say they come up oversize its when they want to wear the jacket only, without the button in liner.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I normally wear a large in most jackets - I wear a medium Alpha M65 and it is still roomy. I am 6ft 2 and 183 pounds.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I normally wear a large in most jackets - I wear a medium Alpha M65 and it is still roomy. I am 6ft 2 and 183 pounds.
Same here. 5'10", currently 170lbs, and I wear a medium regular. Normally I'm a large in most things. The M65 is cut generously.

green papaya

One Too Many
they are supposed to be "over sized" to wear over your fatigues and also extra room for the removable quilted liner

it's designed as a field coat, not supposed to be snug or close fitting, but the elastic drawstring around the waist can taper the fit for a closer fit or to keep the wind chill out.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
they are supposed to be "over sized" to wear over your fatigues and also extra room for the removable quilted liner

it's designed as a field coat, not supposed to be snug or close fitting, but the elastic drawstring around the waist can taper the fit for a closer fit or to keep the wind chill out.

My old man is a Marine. In my house they're called utilities.

green papaya

One Too Many
heres the earlier model used during the Korean war M51 field coat, has the regular collar without a hood, notice he has his drawstring adjusted for a better fit around the waist.

2017-11-18_110135.jpg

The newer Alpha M65 "Heritage" is labeled as tight-fitted, but as far I can see, it's a regular-fit in M65-relation. But seemingly, it got nothing to do with a traditional M65 and it's wider convinient-fit.
onlineImage.jpg

;)

kowalski

Practically Family
The newer Alpha M65 "Heritage" is labeled as tight-fitted, but as far I can see, it's a regular-fit in M65-relation. But seemingly, it got nothing to do with a traditional M65 and it's wider convinient-fit.
onlineImage.jpg

;)
Note that this jacket does not have epolet;)
and my two favorite picture M65 jacket:cool:

Attachments

• TaxiDriverDeNiro.jpeg
    TaxiDriverDeNiro.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3,446
  • 2e7680154310d21844061dd8e90023cf--s-films-s-movies.jpg
    2e7680154310d21844061dd8e90023cf--s-films-s-movies.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 4,997
Last edited:

Sonero

Practically Family
Can anyone help me with sizing for the Alpha M 65 ? I wear an Alpha slim fit MA-1 in XXL but want my M-65 also to fit slimmer.

I am 5' 11" 215lbs.

According to Alpha I am an XL ???

There is one on the Alpha site for $225 Nylon/Cotton. Seems to be better than the Defender ?

Thanks

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Can anyone help me with sizing for the Alpha M 65 ? I wear an Alpha slim fit MA-1 in XXL but want my M-65 also to fit slimmer.

I am 5' 11" 215lbs.

According to Alpha I am an XL ???

There is one on the Alpha site for $225 Nylon/Cotton. Seems to be better than the Defender ?

Thanks

These things a sized huge. I am six two and 185 pounds, mine's a medium and it fits loose. Mine is 10 years-old now but was bought new. Unless they have totally changed the pattern I would go a medium.

Sonero

Practically Family
I emailed Alpha to see what they say. I told them I wanted a slimmer look.

I have a 48R " chest. Medium sounds extreme. I was thinking maybe large ?

Plumbline

One Too Many
Ive got 2 - olive green (large); black (large) both about 15 years old and both with liners.

I’m 5’8’ and 185lb (42s suit) and they are both loose and roomy ... which I like and can layer if need be .... these weren’t designed to be fashion fit they were designed for function over form

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko