always wash used clothing before wearing

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by green papaya, Jan 26, 2006.

1. green papaya

green papaya One Too Many

I think I may have got "ring worm" fungus infection on my neck from wearing a used wool coat I purchashed off of EBAY

I did notice the coat had several cat hairs on it when I got it? maybe a cat used it for a bed? it also had cat scratches on it, the seller advertised it as brand new never worn.

I wore it the same day I got a haircut at the barbershop and the lady did scratch my neck with the straight razor, I think maybe the coat collar rubbed on my neck and some fungus from the coat may have cause the skin infection? or possibly got the infection from the barbershop?

2. Jokerswild7

Jokerswild7 New in Town

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!
    Man, that is just another reason I don't wear actual vintage.

Glenn

3. Wow. Never heard of that before ... I hope you returned the jacket. That sounds unacceptable. And i hope you also didn't pay for the barber. That also sounds unacceptable.

bk

4. Biltmore Bob

Biltmore Bob Suspended

I hope your head don't fall off...that would be a real shame.

5. eBay prohibits the selling of unwashed used clothing

Green Papaya, did you know that eBay has a stated policy that used clothing sold there MUST be washed or drycleaned? If you feel that the seller has violated this policy, why not tell eBay about it?

6. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

Sidenote

During the American Civil War (and no doubt other conflicts), used clothing from victims of typhoid or other disease was sent to the White House in hope that the Lincoln family would wear them, and die.
    Of course, all such shipments were burned upon receipt. The last thing Mary Lincoln would do is wear hand-me-downs.

Not a bad idea to wash new clothes before wearing them, either.

And.
    EEEEWWWWWW! :p

7. Biltmore Bob

Biltmore Bob Suspended

How would you know for sure?

Wouldn't want them to start washing those vintage hats...

8. flat-top

flat-top My Mail is Forwarded Here

Oh man, you gotta dry clean/ was ANYTHING you get from Ebay or otherwise, I don't care what the seller says the condition is! I AM a seller, and I dry clean, and wash my stuff before selling it and I don't even mention that in my auctions cuz I assume that thew buyer would clean it themselves.
    Some of this stuff is found in dirty basements, attics and even the trash.
    CLEAN IT!!:p

9. Naama

Naama Practically Family

Oh god! You'r really starting to make me paranoid! Yuck!

Hope your infection get's better!!

Naama