Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amazing Speakeasy in NYC: PDT

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
My guess is that this has been discussed before but while I was in Vancouver B.C. a bartender made me a Left Hand cocktail that I posted about. It was from a book by the bartender from an old school style bar in NYC called Please Don't Tell.

esq-13-pdt-101211-lg.jpg

Great book with very cool art direction that are just as good as the cocktails....but I digress.

I was trying to take a few of my staff to an awesome speakeasy called Death & Company. We got there and it was closed for remodeling. Google told me PDT was just three blocks away. We made our way over but was having difficulty finding address. A local directed me to a hot dog eatery and was told to go into the phone booth. That caused my spider sense to tingle. This sounded exciting. Here is the hot dog joint:

7-pdt.jpg

filename-christerhedberg.jpg

We found the phone booth. I went in and followed the instructions:

bar-entrance.jpg

527478_10150978528271587_1148772793_n.jpg

The back wall of the phone booth is a secret door into the speakeasy. I've been to few places with hidden doors but this one takes the cake.

Inside is small and you best have reservations.

6272026380_e5f5785a7c.jpg

pdt_splash1-557x366.jpg

The drinks are top shelf and the finger food is tasty.

l.jpg

The tater tots are off the chart.

7458352194_4f390a5371_z.jpg

If in New York this place is a must.

Enjoy!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
If I get to Connecticut next year for research, I'll make it a point to stop in here. Looks like a cool place!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24