Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Odyssey--- an acid trip fantasia through film history starring George Lucas

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Hello Loungers and friends,
Pardon my absence-- I hope everyone is doing well and that this message finds you all in good tidings. I recently finished my degree for a BFA in Theatre from NYU Tisch, and I am back to share with you my first big concept film that has been brewing for the last 18 months.
The project is called AMERICAN ODYSSEY, and is a historical fiction short loosely based on the origin of American Zoetrope, re-imagining the time period between George Lucas' THX1138 and his first hit, American Graffiti. Francis Ford Coppola, imagined as a hippie shaman figure in George's life, doses George Lucas with LSD. Along with Steven Spielberg, they go on a Wizard-of-Oz-like fantasia of an acid trip through the classic films that would later inspire their seminal works.
Films like Metropolis, Voyage Dans La Lune, the Flash Gordon serials, Buster Keaton, all of Lucas, Coppola and Spielberg's period films, early Disney animation....the list goes on and on what The Fedora Lounge has exposed me to in Golden Era style and Hollywood film history. This film, for me, is a both a love letter to the movie magic that attracted so many of us to The Fedora Lounge,
and also trying to take bold risks in experimental story-telling that we are lacking so far in the 21st Century.
This film is everything we all love about movies: romance, adventure, far away and mystical lands, archetypal battles of good and evil, dealing with our weaknesses and overcoming them, homages to classic escapist filmmaking, personal art films, epic period blockbusters, and big concepts and ideas. And of course, a fantastic soundtrack.
But ultimately, the movie is about a group of guys rediscovering magic even during times of adversity and hopelessness, and a boy becoming a man for the woman he loves.

We are hoping to make it the most exciting film to hit the festivals next season----but we need your help!
We hope you like the idea, and we would be so grateful if you would contribute to our little big project, even if it's only $1. The more you can contribute, the bigger we can dream.
And if you could, share our Kickstarter page with any friends here or on other forums who might support the fantastical dreams of a few young filmmakers.

American Odyssey Kickstarter

[video]https://vimeo.com/46080750[/video]

For more of what I've been working on the last year, please visit our site!
Lofty Entertainment
Our Facebook Page That Chronicles Our Story

Thank you so very much in advance,
Raymond Chu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points