Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amsterdam

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Amsterdam is hard boiled coffee stirred tosh. Christian Bale is tops. Margo gorgeous. Lots marquee.
Some cameo mixed. And I really love Taylor Swift out and about. But essentially this is like Bloodhounds of Broadway with a top heavy cast but no real literate linear line. Imagine a character wearing a navy peacoat atop olive drab commando. No smooth consistency and the clash is a crash. Now, a few drinks, cheese log and crackers, and a beautiful lady to snuggle with, it's two hours do-able M-A-R-G-O.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I thought it was good looking junk. I didn't believe a single thing in it. A great cast slumming in 30s drag. Another film allegedly set in the past but with oh-so-modern attitudes that are just wrong for the period.

But then, I've hated nearly every film David O. Russell has directed, so it's no surprise.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Its trailer tosh claim about changing history and truly based did deed for me but even recognized tosh with a heavy named cast is hook enough. Mar-a-lago and Swift are paid ticket and anything Bale is liner for needs a look. His Vice just splendid and his more recent Pale Blue Eye a whozits right with Holmes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner