Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

an idea I've been tossing around ... your thoughts?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
... so for a while now I've been thinking about doing a few episode webcast show centered around hats

I picture it like those shows you see on the Food Network where extra cool guy travels to different food establishments and talks to the owners and the chefs and they sample the food bla bla bla

only with known hat stores, hat makers, and members here....

I would love to visit stores , visit hatters, and more interesting to me visit members here

we could do it in person or even via something like Skype and do a split screen deal ...

we could talks history ...brands ... everything ....

we would chew the fat about hats and go through your collection ... maybe together visit hat establishments near you ... whatever

gather a bunch of footage ... edit it together ... throw together a theme song and see what happens

I figure the show could have it's own social media platform and we could launch through there

I'd love to start with an episode or two and see how it goes over

your thoughts ?

would you watch this ?

would you be interested in being part of it ?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
... so for a while now I've been thinking about doing a few episode webcast show centered around hats

I picture it like those shows you see on the Food Network where extra cool guy travels to different food establishments and talks to the owners and the chefs and they sample the food bla bla bla

I would love to visit stores , visit hatters, and more interesting to me visit members here

we could do it in person or even via something like Skype and do a split screen deal ...

we would chew the fat about hats and go through your collection ... maybe together visit hat establishments near you ... whatever

gather a bunch of footage ... edit it together ... throw together a theme song and see what happens

I figure the show could have it's own social media platform and we could launch through there

your thoughts ?

would you watch this ?

Would certainly watch but couldn't contribute much if anything. Think its an ambitious and great fun idea.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

your thoughts ?

would you watch this ?

Count me in. I'd watch them all. Heck, I watch every YouTube video I can find that you've done (probably why so many of my hats have a diamond crease) :).

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up

your thoughts ?

would you watch this ?

That sounds hellafun.

Only problem... We don't have any "extra cool" guys or gals. Ours are all UBER SUPER COOL.

I'd watch it. I'd try to participate in it. Recent developments have made that more likely.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like fun. Getting an oral history from Mr. Miller would be a coup.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

absolutely ... I'd love to do all that ...
grab these guys while they are still here and document it ... they deserve it and their story deserves to be told

I'd love to have every episode be 1/2 a hatter or hat store and the other 1/2 a FL member ... if that member happens to also be a hatter then we could split it with a store or something ...

I figure 45 to 60 min episodes... maybe thats ambitious ... 30 min?

I have friends in the industry ... we do stuff like this quite often

here is a video my buddy Mike made of our friend Rich and his custom paint business ...

this was 5 years ago ... capable of much better stuff now

check it out ... he actually uses my old bands music quite a bit in this video

Last edited:

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
grab these guys while they are still here and document it ... they deserve it and their story deserves to be told

I'd love to have every episode be 1/2 a hatter or hat store and the other 1/2 a FL member ... if that member happens to also be a hatter then we could split it with a store or something ...

I figure 45 to 60 min episodes

here is a video my buddy Mike made of our friend Rich and his custom paint business ...

Well put together production.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Well put together production.
yeah .. .these cats are legit ... and that was 5 years ago when they were really still learning and honing their chops

they are straight up legit now ... I'd post some newer stuff but would have to get permission from the companies they work for now

I spoke to a few of them this morning and they said they would totally be into working with me ... they are ALWAYS down for a road trip to document some sort of art or history ... they live for it

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
yeah .. .these cats are legit ... and that was 5 years ago when they were really still learning and honing their chops

they are straight up legit now ... I'd post some newer stuff but would have to get permission from the companies they work for now

I spoke to a few of them this morning and they said they would totally be into working with me ... they are ALWAYS down for a road trip to document some sort of art or history ... they live for it

Man... That sounds fun.

KarlCrow

One Too Many

I think it's a great idea. Think it out, would it be a theme for each episode, or more a vlog. I was very into watching reviewers do vaping vlogs a few years back, when vaping was new and I thought giving up the tabs was special. some of them really went far with it, new jersey phil busardo travelled to China factories, to American vape merchandise factories, but by Christ they all needed an editor, better structure.

EstherWeis

Vendor
we'd have to do Skype ... unless I got over the pond at some point

but it would be instrumental to the show to see your shop and at least part of the process ...

I picture like a time lapse segment or something mixed in with a Q&A

I’m going to be spending some more time on y’alls side of the pond in the near future.

But the shop parts are going to be harder to do.
But, if need be I know plenty of film people here. My own dad and sister included.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

I figure 45 to 60 min episodes... maybe thats ambitious ... 30 min?

30 min format should be sufficient. The audio/visual is really clean/tight.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Brilliant idea. I would keep the installments short and lively. Ted talks are 18 minutes - maybe a good paradigm to shoot for.
yeah I'm thinking in the 20 to 30 minute range ... closer to 20 more likely

you were actually who I had in mind for the collector of the first episode if you would be interested in that kind of thing .. .I just feel like we could sit and talk for hours and go through your stuff ... then just edit it down to 15 minutes or so
then keep the NY theme and maybe go to one of the NY shops with history and BOOM ... episode one

I've got the popcorn ready and am willing to watch them all. I would be willing to do a segment on Mike Miller in Eugene. I have the equipment for AVCHD video and they can be transferred to a central location electronically. Hell, I would be willing to do all of the PNW Custom Hatters. Great idea Ant, you are da man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto