Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An interesting twist on my aero after losing weight

JLStorm

Practically Family
I always joke that when the cats piss me off Im going to make slippers out of them. My cats weigh about 10 pounds, my dog weighs about 170 pounds he is over 6 ft long including his tail and the top of his head is 40" high. All of that and the cats boss him around. he is 170 pounds of pure wuss, but I love him. He also needs to lose about 10 pounds, we are working on that.

As far as jackets. Aero Scotland will make any size collars you want. As you can tell I like really big collars, I just tell them I want the collar on this jacket to stop x inches from the shoulders and they make it. On my steerhide I said I wanted the collar to stop at the shoulder seams and that was just too big because it lays flat like an airplane wing whereas my sheepskin has a definite shape.

I dont have an exact weight on the B3 cross, but I know when I put it on and step on the scale I gain about 13 pounds. I think that is fairly accurate. It feels more like 15 or 16 pounds to me, but its probably not really that heavy.

I had the jacket fully overlayed after the first year I owned it and it is definitely much warmer with the addition of the hide. It was really warm before the overlay, now its REALLY warm. Thats ok though, I am one of those people who is always cold, so it works out for me. A friend tried it on who is the opposite of me and he was sweating his butt off in it. We were up in Maine in the middle of a blizzard on a job. He was wearing a ski jacket I was wearing my B3 after it was overlayed. We switched jackets for a while. I was shivering and he was sweating (with it unzipped). So it all depends on your body temperature. If you are one of those hot blooded people, then Id advise against it. If you are one of those whiny complaining bitches in the winter like I am that you are always too cold, then I highly recommend it! However if you enjoy bending your arms, it may take a while of break in before you are happy lol!!!

As an aside, the reason the B3 collar is so big (and how my huge collar fetish started) is because I had an off the shelf B3 before and when Id be working in blizzard conditions Id raise the collar up and snow and ice would still hit the side of my face or that space between where my hat ended and the collar started, etc. I dont like hoods, or those ski masks, so I figured Id just get a really big collar that would act like a full shield when I wanted it up and then immediately fall back down out of the way when I didnt want it. It works great and I personally think it looks awesome. On the plus side, its my own built in pillow! I love that jacket.

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
JanSolo said:
Those collars are really impressive. But the one on your Highwayman really is too big. It wouldn't serve any purpose when turned up as your head would be fully wrapped in sheepskin. Good you sent it back for alterations.

:eek:fftopic: However cats do love sheepskin. The thicker the better. Are those Maine Coons or Norwegians? Here's Maine Coon tomcat Stiefel spending a lazy day:

4225298000_fec96912f4.jpg

4225298004_9756326aaa.jpg

Fabulous pus there! He's beautiful! Always wanted a Maine Coon.

JLStorm

Practically Family
One of my cats likes to try and destroy any leather items in the house (I have a cat safe room and an office that is cat free where my leather is stored behind several layers of cat resistant security. I had a long talk with the dog and told him that he would get extra bones if he made it a priority to help prevent the cats from getting within range of the doors to these rooms. I think he has taken his new responsibility a bit too far though:

597c6fc6d0f908516984e8fd3e5f002f.jpg

Well, at least I know the Aero will be safe once it gets back to me!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael