Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An observation ..

RBH

Bartender
Is'nt it nice that we have a forum where 'we' can discuss hats and fedoras in general {among other things} without being mean spirited .
As a rule, we never put down induviduals, although we may bemoan the lack of quality in some of the modern hats we still give credit where credit is due. [case in point some of the pro and con on the current DP hats]

All you have to do is browse some of the other forums on the net to get some idea of how lucky we are to have the membership we do, and a membership that is decent to each other without the uncalled for putdowns and remarks.
Thanks MK for a place to gather and partake of great fellowship.

Chaperon

New in Town
Agreed -

It's one of the things I like most about FL. I read a fair amount of posts prior to joining - always even spirited and fair (not to mention informative).

Razzman

One Too Many
Here, here RBH. The FL is certainly a wealth of knowledge and information. The members are friendly, knowledgeable and willing to share. For all of the above reasons this forum is truly blessed. Hats off to all. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Anders

One of the Regulars
I'm a pretty shy interneter...

Most of my past forum experience has been in form of lurking, as most places will indeed shoot you down as soon as help you out. This is one of the few places that seemed so friendly from the outside that I had to sign up.:)

doggieboy

New in Town
Very true.

What really sets the tone is the selflessness of the members who have been around a while. Their willingness to share their knowledge and experience without talking down to us new guys really impresses me. I have no doubt that it causes them in some cases to end up paying more for hats and perhaps losing opportunities on ebay because they shared their wisdom with someone like myself that never would have bid on the hat if it were not for their kindness. I take my hat off to all of you.

Duck

Practically Family
Well said, RBH

As a relative newcomer to the Lounge, I find it a great place with great people.
There is a wealth of information here and ALWAYS fellow members to help you out.
Thanks one and all.:eusa_clap

Davidson

One of the Regulars
Duck said:
As a relative newcomer to the Lounge, I find it a great place with great people.
There is a wealth of information here and ALWAYS fellow members to help you out.
Thanks one and all.:eusa_clap

My sentiments exactly. Thanks to the old hands who welcome newcomers and also set the tone.:eusa_clap

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here, here!!

Yes indeed! This is a wonderful community of folks from a wide range of ages & all walks of life sharing & learning from one another. You rarely ever see community like this even in a rural neighborhood with people right in front of you. It is very refreshing to see this across the Fedora Lounge, not just in the hats section but all across the Lounge. Of course there will be some disagreements but those are usually left behind & we go on enjoying good conversation & again "sharing".
It's good to get to know all y'all little by little, even if it isn't face to face, but across hundreds & thousands of miles.

Cheers!

Dan

Warlock

Suspended
As a newcomer I have enjoyed all the qualities here, including the cilvilized attitude that permeates this forum. I was a lurker here for some time before registering and I also did that in a couple of other places. There is a strong culture of civility here that is admirable. I do not know if it originates from management or the more prominent members, but it is something other forums could learn from. Whoever is the author of that civil personality, thank you.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Warlock said:
As a newcomer I have enjoyed all the qualities here, including the cilvilized attitude that permeates this forum. I was a lurker here for some time before registering and I also did that in a couple of other places. There is a strong culture of civility here that is admirable. I do not know if it originates from management or the more prominent members, but it is something other forums could learn from. Whoever is the author of that civil personality, thank you.

Dear Brother John,
You asked who is the author of this civil personality... Its MK the founder of The Fedora Lounge...

majormoore

Vendor
This is a great BB, you can come here and post and not worry about being cussed and called very nasty names like on other hat BB's.

Mike Moore

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
SHARPETOYS said:
Dear Brother John,
You asked who is the author of this civil personality... Its MK the founder of The Fedora Lounge...

and i don't believe that MK is bi-polar or on any heavy meds....he and the bartenders are just nice people...that sure makes a difference on a forum.

mark the shoeshine boy

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
This forum is indeed a wonderful exception to the rule!

I've been a member of other (forums? forii?) and have found that in some cases at first they seem like friendly enough places but after a while you start to notice things... the disparaging comments, the personal attacks, etc. I guess we've all seen posts on other lounges that, were they said in person, would result in bloodshed--assuming that the poster would have the nerve to say such things in person, that is. After a while they're not enjoyable any more.

The Fedora Lounge, on the other hand, is a wonderful exception. I've never seen anyone shot down for asking a question other than suggestions to do a Search and even those have died down as it's become a bit unwieldy to do so on some subjects.

And it's a very supportive group as well, as seen in my own recent hat-buying fiasco. We're pleased when someone else makes a good find/buy (and cheerfully envious!) and even if outbid by a fellow lounger happy that it was someone we know would value the hat/item.

The age and occupation ranges are fantastic as well. It reminds me of the BMW motorcycle community--nothing matters other than the common interest of hats and classic style, and if there are disagreements then the folks here are ladies and gentlemen enough to see those for what they are and press on as friends.

So three cheers to MK and the bartenders for setting the graciously civil tone, and three cheers to my fellow Floungers for striving to keep it that way!

Cheers,
Tom

oswulf

New in Town
Yep, seems like a darn fine place indeed. That's why I signed up, though I did have to beg a little since my only email is a hotmail account. But MK relented and gave me a shot, so here I am.

Oswulf

rockyj

One of the Regulars
A good goup to be in

Like many of you. I also lurked and read before I decided to join. I couldn't ask for better company and insight to this life style. Thank you all:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points