Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An old lady's fight against the developers

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Interesting story. Giant corporation offers poor old woman a million dollars for a house that is not worth a fraction of that. She refuses. Respecting her wishes, they back off and build around her.

Nice man from giant corporation befriends her and cares for her in her last years when all her friends and family are gone.

Old woman dies peacefully in hospital after a long, full life thanks to her new friend.

What a sweet story.

(Asshole newspaper prints story accurately, but headlines it Pick on someone your own size in an effort to pander to anti corporate agenda)

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Key is all the heirs are gone! If their were then this would be a sad story of wasted opportunity.
The Souix still have a unclaimed payment for the Black Hills in South Dakota.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Interesting story. Giant corporation offers poor old woman a million dollars for a house that is not worth a fraction of that. She refuses. Respecting her wishes, they back off and build around her.

Nice man from giant corporation befriends her and cares for her in her last years when all her friends and family are gone.

Old woman dies peacefully in hospital after a long, full life thanks to her new friend.

What a sweet story.

(Asshole newspaper prints story accurately, but headlines it Pick on someone your own size in an effort to pander to anti corporate agenda)

I agree that the title is misleading.

If there is any hope for humanity, it comes from the kindness of strangers who become friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch