Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Leather Question

Klemmi

New in Town
At last friday i send an e-mail to Amanda at Aero Leather. I want to order a casual jacket on base of a HG-5, but with different specifications:
No breast pocket, large carco pockets in the style of their Longshoreman, a be-swingback (in the style of some 50’s Bikerjackets) an a mustart cotton lining, like in the A2’s.

But i’m not sure with leather. Is Aero’s mid-weight HH the same leather, what they use to make the A2’s or exist a difference between A2-HH and mid-weight HH?

I own three HH-Jackets, an all are different in the Leather. One is crometanned FQHH from Vanson, one is a Aero A2 an one is a Wested IndyJacket.

(sorry about my grammatic)

Peacoat

Bartender
Your grammar is fine; you got the question asked.

I don't know that one can generalize about the weight of the HH in a particular jacket. Aero offers several different weights in the A-2, from the Jerky to the "all over HH." That is, the leather is taken from all parts of the horse, as it was during WWII. So what is seen in one A2 may not be in another A-2.

Peacoat

Bartender
I can't remember for sure, but I believe it is either 3 or 3 1/2 oz. I don't think it is less than 3 oz. One of the other members will know exactly.

PENSACOLA

One of the Regulars
"KLEMMI,"

Aero's midweight HH is 3 oz...

Aero only makes midweight jackets in either Russet or Seal color, so when you ask for any of their civilian model jackets in this weight, this is what you'll get, color-wise.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters