Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antique railroad watch

Caleb Bogart

New in Town
Hi, all! I graduated from high school a few weeks ago, and got this from my uncle...
watch001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes, it is a bunn special movement, but I cant find anything on the case...it might be custom or something. 21 jewels, made around 1897

Many Bunn Specials will say so on the case but some do not. The ones that do, look like this:
$_57.JPG

They are highly collectable and collectors try to get a representative example of each model change or upgrade. I have a few but I bought them for practically nothing. What you have is definitely worth money. Around $600 is not unheard of. If it had the 60 hour movement then even more.....

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Caleb,

Congratulations on your graduation from high school! And what a beautiful Illinois Bunn Special railroad pocketwatch!

My Ball RR watch says "Hello!":

1517621_1378869019038247_2008903952_n.jpg

Inside:

1506042_1378870642371418_819721024_n.jpg

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Caleb, you should be proud of what you have there! It's a stunning watch.

James, I have FIVE pocketwatches. Only one of them is a railroad watch.

I have one late-Victorian IWC.
I have one Waltham from 1899.
I have one Elgin from 1918.
I have one Ball from 1950 (the one I showed earlier).
I have one dress pocketwatch from the 1920s.

The only one I use regularly is the Ball. I used to wear the Elgin as well whenever I went overseas (easier to set to local times, not as valuable if I lose it, etc). Half of them aren't even serviced. I've wanted to have the IWC serviced for a long time, but have never gotten around to it.

James, I have FIVE pocketwatches. Only one of them is a railroad watch.

I have one late-Victorian IWC.
I have one Waltham from 1899.
I have one Elgin from 1918.
I have one Ball from 1950 (the one I showed earlier).
I have one dress pocketwatch from the 1920s.

The only one I use regularly is the Ball. I used to wear the Elgin as well whenever I went overseas (easier to set to local times, not as valuable if I lose it, etc). Half of them aren't even serviced. I've wanted to have the IWC serviced for a long time, but have never gotten around to it.

Oh, I was kidding. :p You don't want to knowhow many I have. Then again, I forget how many I have now. :p
You have a fair amount of variety there. To find out everything you wanted to know about the Elgin, go to elginwatches.org.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points