Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any architects?

Phil

A-List Customer
It's been w hile since I've been on. But since then, I've been going to colleges and getting ready for that next step of education. I want to study to become an architect. If there are any on here, can you tell me what college is like for an aspiring architect and what it takes to get started in the buisness world? Right now, I'm in a grey area where I have an idea of what is going to happen and cluelessness. This would be a big help to me. Thank you in advance for you help.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Phil said:
It's been w hile since I've been on. But since then, I've been going to colleges and getting ready for that next step of education. I want to study to become an architect. If there are any on here, can you tell me what college is like for an aspiring architect and what it takes to get started in the buisness world? Right now, I'm in a grey area where I have an idea of what is going to happen and cluelessness. This would be a big help to me. Thank you in advance for you help.

Well, I am a real estate agent and have gotten into design and remodel and really enjoy doing a lot of the creativity of what an architect does. I have learned a little and have some friends who are architects.

From what I have seen, it can be a great career, but there are two problems. One is that you may have to spend a lot of time working for low wages and doing stuff you are not very into before you can maybe make it on your own.

Secondly, many architects feel they never get to do what they really like doing as far as creative fun cool design.

But if you enjoy it, I would say go for it. I have rarely met a lawyer who says they would do it over again. But most ofthe architects I know may complain about aspects of it, but they never say they would not do it again.

If I were younger, I would probably consider it. It would probably be my first choice of educational career choices.

But now I just do the investing and get to do the creative part without the downsides of low wages or having to work for someone else on things I don't like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto