Any cafe racer or slimmer half belt offers (size 38)?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by nattevagten, Feb 18, 2021.

1. nattevagten

nattevagten Familiar Face

Looking for a jacket with up to a 21" chest and preferably around 18-18,25" shoulders.

Thanks!

2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Those measurements are closer to a 40. A 38 is typically 20.5-21” with 17.5” shoulders. If you want a great vintage cafe racer, I recommend Kehoe. There are quite a few in this range on ebay and etsy at the moment. Ask for the measurements though, the sellers tend to estimate the size. A tag can sometimes be found in the left (when worn) chest pocket.

nattevagten likes this.
  3. Twit

Twit One of the Regulars

nattevagten likes this.
  4. nattevagten

Thanks! Appreciated! I haven't had a CR (or similar jackets) before, so the measurements are something I need to look into. I'll check out Kehoe as well.

What a fine jacket! Love the colour. Unfortunately, the P2P is a bit too much for me, even when heavily layered. Thanks for the offer, though!

5. js0930

js0930 New in Town

I have an Aero half belt in size 38 (and it’s a relatively true 38) if you’re interested. Brown FQHH - just too small for me as I’m really a 40. Can post pictures and measurements if you’re interested.

nattevagten likes this.
  6. deepestbluest

deepestbluest New in Town

nattevagten likes this.
  7. JurassicUtility

JurassicUtility New in Town

I'm sure you've seen this already, but this might work for you:
    https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/schott-641hh-black-horshide-cafe-racer-size-36.103344/

Large for 36 I think, but be sure of your measurements. You can give Schott's "Fit Guide" a try to get another data point.
    https://www.schottnyc.com/products/classic-schott-racer-jacket.htm?catID=

I put in a height of 5 feet 7 inches, 125 lbs, and 34 inch chest for myself and it recommended size 36 for a "standard fit". Not even close for me, so I would recommend choosing "slim fit" to get a more realistic recommendation in this style.

nattevagten likes this.
  8. nattevagten

Yes, please! Thank you!

9. js0930

js0930 New in Town

2FB03DB1-2FD3-43E6-8EBB-4EFC9D714609.jpeg 5A996A8C-827F-433A-85B8-BEE0A79CD969.jpeg
    Sorry for the late response, my daughter stole and hid my tape measure. Will take more pictures tomorrow, if you are interested.

20” chest
    18” shoulder
    24” bottom of collar to hem

nattevagten likes this.
  10. nattevagten

Thanks a lot! These measurements might work actually. What's the price you are asking? And what lining does the jacket have?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  11. Angel

Angel Familiar Face

12. js0930

js0930 New in Town

$500 including shipping if in CONUS
    $500 plus shipping if abroad

I think lining is alpaca, but I’m not 100% sure (bought the jacket secondhand).

Attached Files:

nattevagten likes this.
  13. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

That's Alpaca wool - see this photo showing the same thing in Gray inside a black Highwayman(also in a "38" but nowhere close to what this individual is looking for - 23" pit to pit.)

DSC_0522.JPG

nattevagten likes this.