Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any good sights around Bellingham Washington?

Starius

Practically Family
Hello Loungers,

Next week I will be in the Bellingham Washington area, and while my time won't really be my own, I was wondering if any of you knew of any interesting sights or features out there - particularly for a shutterbug such as my self.

I've never been to Washington before, so I'm thinking it will all be fairly interesting to me on some level. I heard they have a few museums out there however, including a museum of radio and electricity.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
My father used to live there. He and his family moved to Washington state in the 40s to find work. His mother worked as a welding inspector on aircraft carriers in the shipyards, and his aunts, uncles and cousins got jobs in the apple orchards. Some of their descendants still work in the orchards.

This looks like a cool site:

http://www.bellingham.org/

Rachael

A-List Customer
If you have the time, I would highly recommend taking a ferry or bridge to Whidbey Island at least, if not to one of the San Juan Islands.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
The main question here is how much time are you going to have and will you have your own transportation?

Starius

Practically Family
Hmmm, well, I am arriving on the 27th and will be there till the 31st. A friend is flying me out for his wedding, I'll be doing some wedding photography for him. So the majority of my time there will be revolving around that event of course, but I'm sure there will be time for other things too.

I won't necessarily have my own transportation though so I suppose that is a big factor to be considered.

As for interests, I suppose they're primarily visual based. I'm from Iowa, you know, so anything that kinda steps away from corn and soy bean fields is a bit interesting to me. Architecture is something I'm a bit interested in these days, for a example. Any sites of historic interest would be something I'd might be interested in seeing as well.

Though, aside from my own interests, I'd be curious to hear what other folks find interesting (if anything) over there too.

Thanks for the link, Paisley, there is quite a bit of info there to look through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana