1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Any old radio stations in LA?

Discussion in 'Radio' started by dahliaoleander, May 12, 2008.

1. dahliaoleander

dahliaoleander One of the Regulars

2. FedoraGent

FedoraGent One Too Many

3. happyfilmluvguy

happyfilmluvguy Call Me a Cab

88.1 FM KJAZZ between 6am & 9am, "The Swingin' Years" on Saturday & Sunday. :D

Lucyinthesky likes this.
  4. BakingInPearls

BakingInPearls One of the Regulars

HappyFilmLuvGuy has the only one I know about 88.1FM. Gone are the years of Fabulous Radio on our AM dials!

5. happyfilmluvguy

happyfilmluvguy Call Me a Cab

I remember there being another show, either the same or on another station that broadcasted at night during the week. I've accidentally tuned into it several times.

6. DutchIndo

DutchIndo A-List Customer

Unfortunately it seems only Satelite is the way to go. I don't listen to the radio enough to justify getting it. So it's CDs for me it's cheap though who want's to listen to Glenn Miller's War time broadcasts in German ?

7. koopkooper

koopkooper Practically Family

I would suggest you get into podcasting...get yourself an ipod and dig the shows people are puting out there.

8. apipeguy

apipeguy One of the Regulars

Will this play with apple quicktime? No itunes.

9. imported_the_librarian

imported_the_librarian One of the Regulars

You might consider Winamp. I remember playing KCEA in Winamp.

Just an idea.............

10. There was a great am radio station a few years back but they just couldn't quite keep on the air. From Swing to the vocalists of the 50's and 60's, add in some earlier stuff and those artists that had continued the traditions into this modern day. It was pretty fabulous, but I can't think of the station right now. Mel Torme's daughter Daisey was one of the announcers. It literally was too good to last.

11. Lucyinthesky

Lucyinthesky New in Town

88.1 KJAZZ use to be KLON back in the day !
    I love KJAZZ from Cal State Long Beach

12. Years ago KLON used to have a programme called The '20s Dance Party on Sunday evenings where they used to play 78s from the '20s. I've forgotten the name of the host but he passed away some years ago.