Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Wrangler Jean Experts Out There??

radman46

New in Town
Is there a difference in the fit of the rigid and the prewashed 13MWZ's? Will the fit be the same with a rigid 34x34 as a prewashed 34x34 after a few washes? Also, is the denim the same in either style? How does the denim in todays Wranglers compare to the 50' and 60's denim? Thanks for the help.

mattfink

Practically Family
I've got a pair of the rigid (sorry I can't answer your real qustion) and I'd have to say they are not really my favorite jeans to be honest.

radman46 said:
Is there a difference in the fit of the rigid and the prewashed 13MWZ's? Will the fit be the same with a rigid 34x34 as a prewashed 34x34 after a few washes? Also, is the denim the same in either style? How does the denim in todays Wranglers compare to the 50' and 60's denim? Thanks for the help.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Worn out several pairs...

fit seems to be the same.
Never noticed much shrinkage with these- maybe 5%.

As far as comparison to '50's and '60's denim- the new 13MWZ are spun on the same types of looms as all the other manufacturers in the US- you aren't going to find any selvage-edged jeans that are commercially made and not a limited run.

Hope this helps...

radman46

New in Town
Wrangler Questions

The question about sizing was refering to current production. If the is any difference in the pre washed and rigid.

vintage68

Practically Family
radman46 said:

I work for the western industry from time to time, and personally know all the folks at Wrangler (dontcha just love the people you meet on the Lounge? LOL;-)

There is NO difference in fit or material with the rigid and prewashed. They ARE the same so they will fit the same. Wrangler has just done the first 5 or so washes for you with the prewashed.

MIND YOU, the rigid is NOT shrink to fit as some folks mistakenly assume. For a brand new pair of rigids, wash them in cold water, throw them in the dryer on LOW for about five to ten minutes (just enough to get the wrinkles out), then hang dry the rest of the way.

I buy mine with an inseam two inches longer than regular jeans. In the western industry this is known as "stacking," the purpose of which is to look cool when riding a horse. Otherwise the pant leg will hike up too far and you'll look kind of dorky.

Rider

Familiar Face
vintage68 said:
I buy mine with an inseam two inches longer than regular jeans. In the western industry this is known as "stacking," the purpose of which is to look cool when riding a horse. Otherwise the pant leg will hike up too far and you'll look kind of dorky.

This is also good advice for those of us who ride motorcycles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk