Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody else excited about L.A. Noire(video game)

Repairman Joe

New in Town
I'm not much of a gamer these days,but I've been looking fwd. to this one for a couple of years now. It was supposed to be out this month,but I believe its been pushed back to early next year. Its by the same company that made the Grand Theft Auto games,but this one allows you to play as a police detective in late 40's Los Angeles. Should be pretty good...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L.A._Noire

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I would like to get this one eventually. It's setting, the gameplay, and the fact that it's made by the makers of Grand Theft Auto means it should be pretty good, at least. Another recent game set during the era is Mafia II, I thought that was a good one, but it had potential to be something greater than it was.

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
Looks intersting, but since I lack a PS or XBox and not want to buy one, I don't think it will be something for me. I am more the type of an old school PC gamer grown up with games like Wing Commander, TF and those amazing point and click adventures or some of the complex strategy games and simulations and rpg's. I had a SNES and later a GC but that's it since then.
Frankly I do not like the restrictions a console game usually has compared to what is possible on a nice modern PC. And I also don't like how short and less complex many of the games tend to be nowadays. Too much seems to be invested in good marketing and shiny cool effects, 3D and graphics but much less into story and longtime playability.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Looks intersting, but since I lack a PS or XBox and not want to buy one, I don't think it will be something for me. I am more the type of an old school PC gamer grown up with games like Wing Commander, TF and those amazing point and click adventures or some of the complex strategy games and simulations and rpg's. I had a SNES and later a GC but that's it since then.
Frankly I do not like the restrictions a console game usually has compared to what is possible on a nice modern PC. And I also don't like how short and less complex many of the games tend to be nowadays. Too much seems to be invested in good marketing and shiny cool effects, 3D and graphics but much less into story and longtime playability.

I definitely agree with you Berman. I was mainly a PC gamer in the 1990's when it seemed like quality adventure PC games were a dime a dozen, and they all were unique. I don't know if I'm just a very busy person these days, but most PC games can't hold my attention. I get bored with them and lose interest in playing.

I've heard about L.A. Noire for a while, and would definitely like to play it. However, like Mafia II, my video card may be the culprit which prevents me from playing. I can't upgrade it in my laptop, which is the only computer I have right now.

Edward

Bartender
I've actually been toying with the idea of buying a games console into early 2011. At a time I fancied the PS3, but now that I have a very nice BD player, one of the advantages of the PS is gone, and I find myself fancying the X Box a touch more. That the latter tends to be significantly cheaper that I've seen is a bonus, and it also seems to have most of the games in which I would be interested. Not something I can see myself getting heavily into as a hobby, more just another entertainment option, particularly if I have friends round. A lot of folks I know have a WII - something I find fun for an evening at other folks' houses, but ultimately they don't appeal to me as something I'd want to own. The availability of this sort of game does further the appeal of the X Box to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner