Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody have the Vintage Horse from US Authentic?

Xopher

A-List Customer
Do any of you folks have a US Authentic jacket with their Vintage Horse hide. Id really like to see a picture of it other than the one on their website. Its looking like a vintage horse A2 would cost about $650 which makes choosing between US.A, GB, and BK ever more difficult.

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
It certainly looks nice. I like the patina look, like a sort of faded seal brown almost. It must be a brand new option? As I can not get the vintage leather on the drop down menu on the order page. In fact, I was just at their page last week drooling over the barnstormer I want to get and didn't see this then.
And now this! This is going to be very expensive,..:eusa_doh:

crk

New in Town
I recently received some leather swatch samples from US a. Shaul has some new options but they are all still the chrome/pigment stuff. Thats fine if you want your jacket to look brand new forever. Have you looked at SM wholsale? They have an A-2 that is in my opinion superior to G&B, Aero and US a. Its on par with Eastman's generic contract A-2. And its on sale for $499 right now.

Xopher

A-List Customer
Oh yea I has seen the SM A-2 it looks fantastic. For some reason I had snobbed away Steerhide and focused on Horsehide. I will have to give it another look. I emailed SM once for shoulder and chest measurements and it was difficult to get a direct answer from them. The one thing I am worried about is that I have broad shoulders, I have a 42 inch chest and my shoulders are about 20, it seems that the only jackets that fit my shoulders are 44-46. I think he said the shoulder measurements on a 44 SM A-2 was something like 18.5.

Do you think the hide on the SM A-2 is done in a way that will allow it to age, or is that chrome/pigment too?

Brettafett

One Too Many
The steerhide used on SMW's A-2 will certainly age well. My jacket came out of the box with some nice grain and natural creases already. On the bends I could almost see the under-colour already. The pigment is lightly sprayed on, so in time (or with some 'artistic' HWT), the jacket will look fantastic. My size 38 has a shoulder width of around 17.75 (usually wear a 40), he can and will do mods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace