Anyone ID this jacket?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Leigh H, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Leigh H

Leigh H One of the Regulars

Jin431 likes this.
  2. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie Call Me a Cab

That collar screams Levis to me. The leather looks artificially aged, don‘t even think it‘s a vintage.

Monitor likes this.
  3. Leigh H

The seller is saying it’s from the 50’s? but you’re right it’s very much the same style of the Aero x LVC Ruff ‘n’ Ready. Was that design based off an original design from another brand?

4. Monitor

Monitor

Levi's was my initial guess too but no clue if it isn't.

Leigh H likes this.
  5. Kubatu

Kubatu A-List Customer

The Aero x LVC Bird of Prey / Rough n' Ready were created based off a 1950s original Levi's motorcycle jacket, so if it is from the 50s, it is likely the jacket these reproductions were based off of. However, I would agree that the wear looks very artificial. The Aero LVC jackets had various levels of distressing, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is a product from the collaboration instead of an original.

The fact that the seller is describing the jacket as being in perfect condition also makes me think it is a reproduction. A jacket with that much natural wear is not going to be in perfect condition, imo.

6. Leigh H

I think it’s an original Levi’s ‘Rough and Ready’

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Mich486, Jin431 and Monitor like this.
  7. Leigh H

The pattern design on the back is slightly different from the aero x Levi’s reproduction? And the back looks a mess, you really think that’s artificial?

Kubatu likes this.
  8. Kubatu

Kubatu A-List Customer

Looking closer at the back pattern, you're right that it is different. I'm not sure who the maker would be then. Honestly, it still looks like artificial distressing to me though. Can't really point to anything in particular, it just looks excessive in relation to the rest of the wear on the jacket.

9. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I love the design, and would like to see more pics if possible.

edit- after looking at the listing, I can see where you guys think it’s fake aging, but when a jacket is sueded/faded out and you condition it you might get this look as well. I don’t see why this isn’t a vintage jacket. I love the collar and back yoke. Possibly a Canadian maker? Not sure if the main zip on the left was original, or somehow the seller did that when he replaced it.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Leigh H likes this.
  10. marker2037

marker2037 A-List Customer

I'd be a bit suspicious of that one. For some reason, the back does look artificially weathered like Kubatu said.

Leigh H likes this.
  11. photo2u

photo2u Practically Family

The collar looks new design to me. Frankly, jackets with so much wear, would have more distress points specially at the zippers. Thinking it might be a special order older Aero.

Leigh H and jacketjunkie like this.
  12. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie Call Me a Cab

The jacket has literally zero wear, it looks like a brand new jacket thrown into a can of acetone. No nicks in the leather, no creases, no bagging at the pockets. I also spot several differences to the original Levis design.

edit: after seeing the new pictures i am not sure anymore, could be vintage after all and the initial pictures heavily photoshopped.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  13. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

The Sale pics are a bit hard for me to tell much. If the jacket is brown it needs to look brown.

This is a 30s jacket in a similar look, also brown with sun tanning.
    DSC09819k.jpg
    DSC09837.JPG DSC09842.JPG

14. Leigh H

Ok here's some extra pictures of the size which shows the jacket in a different light. I've also requested pictures of the liner too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Marc mndt likes this.
  15. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

It may or may not be a true vintage piece, it does look legit to me. But $1500 is a ridiculous asking price for a no-name jacket. I'd say $400 tops. $250 realistically.

marker2037 likes this.
  16. Leigh H

yeah agreed, he's asking a crazy price. I was just interested in who it was made by.

Marc mndt likes this.