Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone in Japan able to proxy this Real McCoy's jacket for me?

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
I would exercise caution buying RMC direct from Japan as I think the sizes they make for the domestic market can be different to the same sizes that they send out to international stockists, if that makes any sense. So a size 42 made for the Japanese market would likely be smaller than a 42 made for Standard & Strange, for example - this is a fairly recent development, but worth bearing in mind. Others may be able to chime in with more info than I have on this.

SLAB

A-List Customer
Really? That's the first time I'm hearing about this? They did change some patterns such as the buco j24 compared to before

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
You can try using the proxies like Buyee or FromJapan, and choose the other sites function.
There’s coupons for ¥5,000 off ¥100,000 and up items, they come up often.
RMC measures the stretched way and along the curve, so minus about an inch for straight down sleeve length.
They don’t come with inside pocket…
IMG_0933.jpeg
IMG_0932.jpeg

Nykwil

One of the Regulars
I would exercise caution buying RMC direct from Japan as I think the sizes they make for the domestic market can be different to the same sizes that they send out to international stockists, if that makes any sense. So a size 42 made for the Japanese market would likely be smaller than a 42 made for Standard & Strange, for example - this is a fairly recent development, but worth bearing in mind. Others may be able to chime in with more info than I have on this.
The sizing looks about right on their page

f5qkH3A.png

but you could also be right, better safe than sorry.

soundwavvves

Familiar Face
@BloodEagle I purchased a J-24 from Celluloid, a Japan stockist, and the measurements were no different than that of the American stockists.

Not sure where you heard they’re producing different patterns for different markets, but this is inaccurate.

Their actuals tend to stray a bit from their published specs, though, so perhaps that’s where the confusion came about. It’s definitely possible to have come across a 42 that measures like a 40 and so on.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
@BloodEagle I purchased a J-24 from Celluloid, a Japan stockist, and the measurements were no different than that of the American stockists.

Not sure where you heard they’re producing different patterns for different markets, but this is inaccurate.

Their actuals tend to stray a bit from their published specs, though, so perhaps that’s where the confusion came about. It’s definitely possible to have come across a 42 that measures like a 40 and so on.
Ah ok, my mistake then, apologies for misleading anyone.

I had a experience where I purchased a size 44 J-100 direct from Japan which turned up and was a fair bit too small, I then bought another size 44 J-100 from the RMC shop in the UK which was sized as I would expect a western 44 to be and a great fit. I assumed that this huge difference in size was not just due to manufacturing tolerances.

Ole K. Vik

A-List Customer
I have used fromjapan as a proxy to buy clothes tons of times. Very smooth and never failed me. Highly recommended!

Shawnziee

Familiar Face
Ah ok, my mistake then, apologies for misleading anyone.

I had a experience where I purchased a size 44 J-100 direct from Japan which turned up and was a fair bit too small, I then bought another size 44 J-100 from the RMC shop in the UK which was sized as I would expect a western 44 to be and a great fit. I assumed that this huge difference in size was not just due to manufacturing tolerances.
I know in the most recent years RMC has changed their cuts and went for a more relaxed fit. Could it be there you purchased your first j-100 from old cut and the second one was from the more recent larger cut?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner