Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone interested in/wearing original military watches?

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Anyone interested in or wearing original military watches with flight/military jackets?

Last edited:

robrinay

One Too Many
The new IWC owner must be very happy and lucky.
He certainly was, my watch man had put me off repairing it owing to the cost and tbh I really needed the cash at the time. The buyer repaired it himself within a week! No regrets from me the cash was nice and the Precista is good looking accurate and if I lose I'll get another if I'd kept the IWC and ever damaged or lost it I'd have cried!

I have seen some really great WW1 trench watches.
I especially like the schrapnel guards and leather straps.
If they came in 37mm diam., I'd probably take the plunge :)
UaZJYVm.jpg

tgsbHT2.jpg

Z2GEJcm.jpg

Deacon211

One Too Many
I'd love to get a true period watch. The closest I came was a 42mm Laco...Nav B Uhr. Not true to the original size (which was huge), and wrong side of the conflict.

But a cool watch nonetheless.

I do have an old red/black Rolex GMT. More 50s than 40s, but a pilot favorite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Love Rolex.
Especially the divers.
Got a Tudor issued in 1993, had to give it back.
Need to sell a few items more and then buy a DeepSea.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would if I had one. I like the WWII watches. But I am interested in the watches with the metal over
the crystal. I do have one of those- would have been my grandfather's. He served in WWI. I may have
to get it restored. Didn't know what it was.

willyto

One Too Many
We have a whole thread on the general subforum.

I wear a late 1920s Elgin military watch daily. I have several vintage Elgin from that era and the 1930s also a Timor A.T.P watch from WW2.

I don't like modern watches because I like the size of the old ones and the designs. Not interested in watches that cost thousands of dollars.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I have my grandfather's Bulova A-11. I wore it all the time after he first gave it to me (I must have been 9 or 10, he died when I was 11) but over-wound it. I had it repaired when I graduated college but it only lasted a couple weeks and has resided in my jewelry box since. Someday I'll have it repaired again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk