Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone looking at Groups??

majormajor

One Too Many
The new Group threads that Nathan introduced last month seem to be languishing a tad.

Does anyone look at them?:D;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's possible they could be flagged up a bit more. It's easy to forget about them because they're tucked away on the top bar.

schitzo

Suspended
these groups are a dead duck aren't they?

I joined the aero one, but if I want input on an aero related issue one day I'd surely be better off posting about it here where everyone can see, don't you think?

In fact, the only way I can see a future for that group is if it offers something the main board doesn't. At the moment I don't see that it does

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think the denim one works well, because it's not necessarily something that gets as much attention elsewhere on the Lounge. They just need a bit more highlighting to get people feeding into them.

majormajor

One Too Many
I think the denim one works well, because it's not necessarily something that gets as much attention elsewhere on the Lounge. They just need a bit more highlighting to get people feeding into them.
That was the main reason for this thread. Just to get folks to look at them. And it seems to work. As Schitz points out, if folks don't use 'em, they'll crash & burn. But if folks see 'em, maybe they will work. Time will tell.

devilish

A-List Customer
I had almost completely forgotten about them. I just updated my memberships though. Left the Aero one, because quite honestly, what's the point? Aero gets 90% of the discussion on here anyway. Joined the Good Wear(ers) because, well, now I am one.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I started a group, you'll NEVER guess which one.

Not much action, but then, I'm busy weekends. I kind of look at them as a local get together bulletin board.

Later

Edward

Bartender
Groups aren't so obvious to find on the software. I look in on the Aero group occasionally, though I think the best use for these is probably for localised groups of loungers who can use them to organise events without the threads being lost in the wider Lounge (easily done, given the amount of traffic we generate).

schitzo

Suspended
Left the Aero one, because quite honestly, what's the point? Aero gets 90% of the discussion on here anyway.

that is it in a nut shell.

I think for this aero group to survive we need to change the name and find an agenda. I suggest it can be called 'Justice for UK aeroites' and that the agenda is we are here to lobby for a regular allotment for UK citizens only. Probably quite a small one would suffice, and so it seems to me like it is a realistic aim. IMO it'd be a good way for aero to give something back to the loyal fans, like me who's been buying for 8 years. Some of you of course much longer, I know!

As it is now, we'd all be better having a pal in the US order from Insurrection and send onto us which can't be right, can it?

wdw

One Too Many
I agree Schitzo. I'd said before here that Aero should have a monthly draw where an ordinary citizen (or two) could be picked at random to have their jackets made immediately. At least that would give UK people some hope. The 6 month wait is actually putting me off buying now, although I do have two in the pipeline.

schitzo

Suspended
I agree Schitzo. I'd said before here that Aero should have a monthly draw where an ordinary citizen (or two) could be picked at random to have their jackets made immediately. At least that would give UK people some hope. The 6 month wait is actually putting me off buying now, although I do have two in the pipeline.

I'm exactly the same as that WDW. Perhaps if our aero group had say 2 or 3 a month I'm sure we could work out amongst ourselves whose turn it would be. Maybe a vote on who was most deserving could decide it? Which would act as a pretty good incentive for being in the group and contributing to it

wdw

One Too Many
Schitzo, I like the sound of that. Having to wait so long means that the buying impulse goes away and you think of other things you can spend your money on and get pleasure from right away. For example, I'm tempted right now by a deerskin HB or the Pioneer, but can't be bothered waiting six months as I have an order coming in September. As it happens, there are plenty of other things I can spend £650 on and enjoy right away.

schitzo

Suspended
Schitzo, I like the sound of that. Having to wait so long means that the buying impulse goes away and you think of other things you can spend your money on and get pleasure from right away. For example, I'm tempted right now by a deerskin HB or the Pioneer, but can't be bothered waiting six months as I have an order coming in September. As it happens, there are plenty of other things I can spend £650 on and enjoy right away.

that's absolutely correct wdw. Granted, (if we are one) we're a pretty small lobby, but in footballing parlance us guys are the ultras. By which I mean we're the fetishists who'll post up pics of our jackets and fill in other jacket hungry fetishists on all of the details - thereby promoting the brand.

In Italy the players at clubs take the time to recognise their ultras, and all I'm saying is that a little bit of recognition for us wouldn't go amiss either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch