Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone make repro civilian leather jackets with back belts w/ 1 or 2 vents?

mike

Call Me a Cab
I just can't help feeling like winter's a'comin even though it's 80 degrees and beautiful outside!

I'm not sure if I'm going to go vintage jacket or opt with a new one. Although the originals are one of a kind and the tops in quality, I like the idea of breaking in my own jacket instead of wearing someone else's worn in jacket. But I really like 30's 3/4 length leather jacket styles with one or two back vents, a back belt and side buckles. What I've seen appear to be mostly military-based reproductions and with just as much varying degree of fit and quality as needs to be paid attention to for reproduction suits. I had a really hard time 10/15 years ago finding a leather jacket that I thought fit right and not for someone with 24" pythons! haha I finally found a great Schott 50's repro leather jacket that is still going strong. This jacket had distinctly thin sleeves (and armholes!) Can these proportions be brought into a 30's styled jacket? I'm afraid I'm going to go for a Aero or McCoy and wind up with a simplified jacket that doesn't fit just right and be out quite a lot of money...?!

Does anything out there resemble this?! Or can anyone make such a thing!?
4527_12.JPG

Hi Mike
Here's my Aero '30s Half Belt.
Will at Aero once told me that this jacket could be made with inverted back pleats.
HD

100_0430.jpg

This is Heavy antique steer. However Aero offers many hides to choose from.

Barz51

New in Town
Those are two very nice jackets. What would one call that style of jacket? I've seen similar ones listed on Ebay as "Trucker Jacket" but searching for that just brings up a bunch of 1970's Levi denim jackets. I have seen some very nice vintage plaid lined leather jackets go pretty inexpensively but they were too small for me. Sorry, if that is a little :eek:fftopic: !

mike

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
I recently deleted the photos from my Iphone but RL has a leather jacket with multiple pleats on the back.

Oh yeah? Which branch of RL? I'm just browsing though! ;)

Doublegun

Practically Family
How about a shot of the front of the jacket?

Thanks

HoosierDaddy said:
Hi Mike
Here's my Aero '30s Half Belt.
Will at Aero once told me that this jacket could be made with inverted back pleats.
HD

100_0430.jpg

This is Heavy antique steer. However Aero offers many hides to choose from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto