Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Archaic rules"

Daoud

One of the Regulars
That's some FUNNY stuff. I had to look that up; I had never heard of the series (or the film version!) before. I 'll have to put that on my list of "Things To Watch" which is pretty long already......I HAD to have the first three seasons of "Kids In The Hall" and I haven't even taken the wrappers off yet......

pauljmuk

New in Town
I'm lucky - us brits had many many series of this on TV before the film. It became kind of TV folklore to us over here.

Strangely, the pretty "Miss Brahms" ended up playing a miserable old crow in one of our big soap opera tv series. Sadly she died recently and is sorely missed.

By strange coincidence, the same miserable soap opera also has Barbara Windsor acting - her of "Carry On" film fame - not sure if that has ever made it's way across the pond. Think AYBS, but ruder.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I have to say I Love AYBS. Have fr years, Far before I understood most of the innuendo's in it lol.

I was SOOOO sad to hear about Ms. Brahms :(

Sargon

Familiar Face
I was always amused by the way capt Peacock always looked around him whenever anyone asked if he was free. He was pretty much always free. They really ran out of steam when they went to manage that hotel in later years though.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
PBS has had lots of "Britcoms" on the air for many years. Are You Being Served is one of my favorites. Just love the characters and their use of language. And the mannerisms and inside jokes are great. John Inman was in the local studio at least twice for pledge drives.The shows have been repeated so many times I almost know the episodes by heart! Just last evening was an episode with "rules" for hats. Bowler for Jugears , homburg for Peacock, trilby for Humphries and Lucas.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
^ truly, Pbs showing the britwits are the only thing that makes me wish I had television.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto