Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are all Cooper A2s goatskin?

Bammerman

New in Town
I was looking at a Cooper A2, offered for sale on an auction site, which was described as goatskin. When I asked the seller whether there was a label in the jacket stating it was goatskin or how he knew it was goatskin, this is what he replied: "All Coopers are said to be Goatskin: http://www.cooper-leather-jackets.com/aboutus.html". I read that section of the Neal Cooper website and it does seem to say that all their A2s are goatskin - but another poster here somewhere said, I thought, that he had one made of horsehide. Anyway, can I count on a Cooper A2 - by definition - being made of goatskin?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Ninety-something percent of Coopers are goatskin, or cowhide. But as recently as a year or so ago, they were making horsehide models. I definitely remember seeing them on the Neil Cooper site, and it said something like "limited to only one-hundred a year". They were also listed on the American Mystique site, the Legendary USA site, etc. (I won't reopen the issue on whether or not US Wings jackets are still made by Cooper - but I think that they used to be, and US Wings has generally had a horsehide model.)

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
I've seen several Cooper horsehide A-2s in the "flesh". They were all clearly labeled as horsehide on an inside label. Surprisingly nice grainy seal..

D-Day-Doll

Familiar Face
We have a Cooper horsehide jacket in our closet, its actually pretty nice! It was a very cheap Ebay find and when we got it in the mail we were quite surprised to see that it was horsehide! The leather is nice, the cuffs are kind of a funky dark brown, but over all it was a good find.

Rinterstate

New in Town
I have a Cooper horsehide A2 thought I bought about 3 years ago. Its become very nice and grainy. It says horsehide on the inside label also.
I bought it from US Wings. I believe it's a size 40. However it no longer
fits.
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ