Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are peacoats Golden Era friendly?

BigBoiBrady

New in Town
My dad bought my brother a peacoat that wound up fitting me better than it did for him. It looks pretty vintage and all, but I haven't really found anything documenting widespread use between the 20's and the 50's so I'm wondering whether or not it fits my Golden Era persona?

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
A bit off topic, I have a newly made Sterlingware Peacoat, nice coat and I am very pleased with the fit, quality etc.. BUT this thing is a lint magnet! does this eventually go away or is there anything to be done to lessen this effect? I seem to be brushing it down with each wear

Peacoat

Bartender
A bit off topic, I have a newly made Sterlingware Peacoat, nice coat and I am very pleased with the fit, quality etc.. BUT this thing is a lint magnet! does this eventually go away or is there anything to be done to lessen this effect? I seem to be brushing it down with each wear

I use a one way brush; they work the best for me. I brush the coat each morning before I wear it, and again before I put it in the closet at night. This is the type of brush I use: http://www.amazon.com/Evercare-Lint-Brush-Magik/dp/B000QRFNGS/ref=pd_bxgy_hg_text_b It works better than any of the other brushes I have tried. It is also fast; a brushing takes less than 30 seconds.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
P.C. Thanks for responding, I use a similar brush as well, I was hoping that after brushing it a few hundred times it would lose its magnetism! :)

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Peacoats are probably one of the most classic pieces of outerwear ever created. The style has been minimally changed since the 1800's, though they changed from 10 buttons to 8 buttons in late '40s. It goes with practically anything, except fedoras/porkpies in my opinion. I own a modern issue 10 button version made by the same company that supplies the Navy and love it. It's my everyday winter coat.

noyb72

New in Town
I just read the evolution thread from top to bottom, thanks to whoever put in the effort. One of the many cool things that happened in 2005 was changing my P-Coat to a Reefer.

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24