Armoured Aero Leathers Café Racer

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Graemsay, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

2. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

Historically correct tip.
    Do away with the accent over the é. Only hipsters sipping a cappuccino while checking their iPod ride Café racers. Rockers ride Kaffffff racers drink tea and know how to fix them when they go wrong.
    Nice jacket by the way ;)

Carlos840 likes this.
  3. Edward

Edward Bartender

That is interesting.... Certainly gives me hope going forward (I'm hoping to get a bike over the next couple of years, and would be very keen on an armoured Aero J106 to match it!). I do suspect we'll see more of this sort of thing as a new generation of riders discover classic style bikes and want jackets with the aesthetics to match but modern safety considerations built in.

4. Edward

Edward Bartender

If you look at the blurb on the page you link to, it says that the back protector was 'factory fitted', while the shoulder and elbow armour was 'retro-fitted'. Suggests to me that Aero did the back plate, then the original buyer had the other bits fitted elsewhere. Would be interesting to know whether Aero would be prepared do the shoulder and elbow stuff. I imagine it's a little bit more fiddly than fitting a pocket for a back plate, but still within their capabilities.

5. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

The sleeves on my Aero cafe racers are so tight, I don't know how I'd ever retrofit them for armor pockets. I'd love an armored Aero though, if I had the money for it I'd inquire as to having one made.