Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for the update SBG. This should help those out there that worry about light colored hats durability or better yet, ability to stave off dirt.

BTW...love the setting for the pic. Native American is where my heart is.

Gromulus

Practically Family
Hey, this is great promotion for Art's work and even more impetus for those of use who have not yet obtained one of his fine hats!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Point well taken. I humbly suggest posting pics of full attire with VS hats right here in the Hall of Fame.

Following up on Rabbits request for VS's in action checkout my pics below.

Photo-on-2011-12-02-at-1044-M.jpg

I had a morning meeting that needed me to dress up more than my normal morning slacks, shirt, fleece or v-neck sweater. The sahara colored felt of the VS coordinated well.

Here is a better shot of the jacket and hat laying across my dressing bench.

IMG8320-L.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. Best wishes, Eric -

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Eric, great outfit, very well done! I will chime in with suits next week.
It would be great if this thing developed into a regular feature! There's no such thing as too many pics in here. :)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Benzadmiral; The Trucker is a very masculine, classy hat. It was one of the hats that called to me and stood out when I first went thru the 500 pages of posts. Very nice hat sir. Eric -

Tommy

One of the Regulars
5 3/4" x 2 3/8" (deep diamond crease) with 19 L black ribbon, silver brim binding and VS stripe.

211nmdf.jpg

The crease is based on William Powell's light grey hat that he wore in many of his mid/late 1930s movies.

I love you again (1940):

m8ft5x.jpg

fem5oy.jpg

After the Thin Man (1936):

102upw1.jpg

30j5ow1.jpg

Holy cow, look at those hats Myrna Loy's wearing! My intention is not to offend anyone's vintage sensibilities here, but I think women's hat's jumped the shark in the 1940's, and perhaps Myrna is setting the pace early with the upside down triple stack flower pot hat pictured above. and they could have easily designed some chips overflowing out of the white one shes wearing. Still, she wears them well. I kind of like the late 20's early 30's designs women wore, but man, those late 30's and 40's hats are a hoot.

Last edited:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
These are mild Tommy when compared to what Bes Ben was producing out of Chicago at the time. Bumble bee designs, flower arrangements, wild stuff. His are probably the most collectible Ladies hats of the era.

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Another whiskey, bartender!

I received my new VS over the weekend - thanks again, Art!
Snapped a few pics in studio this morning before getting into actual work.
Whiskey, 2 5/8" brim w/ underwelt, 12 ligne brown ribbon.

6461721607_440cdfe879.jpg

These are mild Tommy when compared to what Bes Ben was producing out of Chicago at the time. Bumble bee designs, flower arrangements, wild stuff. His are probably the most collectible Ladies hats of the era.

Definitely! The BesBen designs are all over the top with beads, jewels and shapes of all kinds.
A 1962 photo of a sale at Bes Ben:
$(KGrHqN,!k8E3Hg6VLPgBOBP74sMjw~~0_3.JPG

Gee, I think there was some demand for them. :p

HOP UP

Vendor
Art I went back and added them in - take a look !! So many people have commented on this hat and wanted to know where I found it. It speaks for itself !!

Put me down for another in the near future, thanks a mill !!

HOP UP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21