Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett wait times

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
What's the wait time on an Art Fawcett these days? Trying to get the wife to buy me one for my birthday (hard sell at "$300 for stupid hat!"), and I'd like to get a time frame. She's about had it waiting to see what I'll get for the $260 I spent in September on an AB that has yet to show up!

Regards, Andy

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Faster than that AB you ordered! ;) (I ordered my AB in June)

You'll be happy with whatever you order from Art. No guarantees on whether your wife will be.

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
I have no idea all the factors that can affect the wait time (like all those trees Art is in the process of removing from his property after that storm), however I ordered my first hat from Art back in January and got an email last night that he would mail it out to me sometime today.
I was floored! I figured with the cleanup he was doing on his property and catching up on the backlog of hats that was caused by the storm aftermath, it would have taken much longer. Not complaining mind you! ;)
YMMV of course.

Quick off topic question:
Airforceindy you paid 260 for an AB back in June? Has the price gone up that much? I am about to buy one as well but the site says the price is 350 plus 10 for shipping so 360 total. I'll still put one on layaway but big bummer for me if I missed out!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Steve has recently raised his price in view of the movie release and in order to reduce wait times. Doing the hats for the movie really pushed his wait times back and he's been scrambling to catch back up. If you're a member over at COW you might check on his comments about it there.

pgoat

One Too Many
Art has been very fast for me on two hats. But I would definitely consider the aftermath of the recent storm damage - not just on his part, but possibly couriers as well? It may all be back to business as usal by now, but I'd keep aware of that and check with Art.

animator

One of the Regulars
I agree that it is well worth a few months wait. The time he spends on your hats shows...

I was afraid my wife who is INCREDIBLY cheap (although completely wonderful) would go crazy over me ordering a $300 hat. And she sort of did, but when I recieved the hat and pulled it out of the box she was very impressed. And once she touched the felt she understood the quality and let me buy a new coat to go with it.

Your wife's reaction might suprise you. I just ordered my second hat from Art.

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
AlanC said:
^Steve has recently raised his price in view of the movie release and in order to reduce wait times. Doing the hats for the movie really pushed his wait times back and he's been scrambling to catch back up. If you're a member over at COW you might check on his comments about it there.

Thanks for the info. Guess I missed out on that one! :eusa_doh:

Back on topic - Art might post on this which would be good since he's the only one that could give you a definitive answer.

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
Once you get one of Art's hats, nothing else will be the same after!:rolleyes: :D

This is my first VS and I have to say that I now think I understand how you were feeling when that box from Art was under your Christmas tree this year. Granted, my box is in the mail, not staring me in the face, but I still can't wait!!! ;)

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
Andy,
I ordered my first VS from Art last Tuesday. I was quoted "about 4 weeks", but due to the nature of his operation I wouldn't expect that to be carved in stone.

I guess anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks would be very reasonable for this kind of quality and exclusiveness.

But as they say.....the sooner you order the sooner the wait will be over.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
MrFusion said:
This is my first VS and I have to say that I now think I understand how you were feeling when that box from Art was under your Christmas tree this year. Granted, my box is in the mail, not staring me in the face, but I still can't wait!!! ;)
Just wait til you take it out of the box!! :D

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
B R A N D X® said:
Andy,
I ordered my first VS from Art last Tuesday. I was quoted "about 4 weeks", but due to the nature of his operation I wouldn't expect that to be carved in stone.

I guess anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks would be very reasonable for this kind of quality and exclusiveness.

But as they say.....the sooner you order the sooner the wait will be over.

Art is very good about keeping his word on wait times. If a VS hat ships late, there's a good reason. Of course, Mother Nature seems intent on providing lots of reasons as of late! :eek:

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
B R A N D X® said:
I was fortunate enough to have just found a used VS in the classified section.......that should really ease my wait for my custom hat! :)

I know the one, I was eyeing that but it wasn't the correct size. :)

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the replies, all. It remains to be seen whether I can get the purse strings loose enough to get one, but I have my heart set on something resembling a Savoy or Rt 66-ish hat (I believe Carter had one posted in the "Art Fawcett Hall of Fame" thread). Here's hoping!!!

Thanks again, Andy

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WOW..a thread on wait times?

HI AFI,
the gents are right, I'm between 4 to 6 weeks at the moment and that includes the mailing time for the conformer. I've been able to schedule ( most days) tree cutting & clearing in the mornings while the ground is still frozen and hatwork afternoons and eve's so I'm starting to feel like I'm getting caught up. I have a few that have been here too long but that is being remedied. Actually, getting 10" of snow over the weekend has helped..." but Honey..the snow is too DEEP to cut today" :D Hat shop it is then....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points