Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As worn by Veronica?

maisie

Practically Family
Whilst looking through some old pictures of 1940s movie actresses I spotted this one of Veronica Lake, wearing this gorgeous swimsuit, exactly like the one on ebay a few day before! Its such a gorgeous swimsuit and obviously Veronica Lake thought so too!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=140111389826&rd=1&rd=1

photoView.asp

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That has got to be the same suit! Well, maybe not the exact suit that she wore, maybe the original owner was a fan of Veronica Lake (who wasn't) and just had to have the same suit as her. Either way, I agree with Marc. From the description of the suit, it doesn't seem like she knows about the link to Lake. Then again maybe we shouldn't tell her. She might regret not putting a higher reserve on it, or regret selling it at all. I know I couldn't let it got, for just about any amount of money. It really is one of the cutest 2 piece vintage suits I've ever seen. Regardless of the Lake connection, I sure wish I had known about it before the auction ended[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21