Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asking for advice - I am thinking of getting a Buco J-24.

mm2673

New in Town
Hey guys, i am new in FL and i have been learning a lot from all of you

This is my first open question

I am thinking of getting a Buco J-24. I am 170CM (5.6f) 68KG (150lb)
My build is on the slimmer side.

My measurements:
- Chest (40')
- Shoulders (17.8')
- Sleeves (24')
- Length (25.5')

which size would you recommend me to get in the old and new fit? I understand the cut is different the new one more rommie and the old one more slim cut

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I guess, you´d be a size 40 in the new cut, but much depends on your preferences (trim fitting or roomy; do you want to layer some, or is it going to be "T-Shirt only".).

I find the guys at RMC extremely fast and helpful if you reach out to them (contact via the webpage).

mm2673

New in Town
I guess, you´d be a size 40 in the new cut, but much depends on your preferences (trim fitting or roomy; do you want to layer some, or is it going to be "T-Shirt only".).

I find the guys at RMC extremely fast and helpful if you reach out to them (contact via the webpage).
thank you for the quick answer, I would prefer trim fitting. and for the old cut would say 40 as well?

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I had old cut in 40. when i went from 37” chest 150# to 39” 165# waist 30 to 32 i found it too trim. Older style tapers more. That said, i insist my jackets be able to zip comfortably with a mid weight shirt.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
In the old cut size up - Im a 44 in pretty much everything, except for the old J-24 - zippable up but much too tight, whereas a 46 fits me nicely. The new cut has much wider arms and is cut altogether different.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Are you thinking of getting a RMC? I am not a big fan of their J24 type. I believe the Lost Worlds J23 is a much better jacket for the money. Several days ago, a person was selling an original with an original belt and mouton in excellent condition for 1.3k US. That is a killer deal for what it is. If you want more details, P.M. me.

Good luck with the hunt.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I agree with everything said above.

You can wear the old fit 40 but it's gonna be t shirt fit
New fit 40 or old fit 42 will give you more outfit pairing options.
Used deals are better than new.
Lost Worlds J24 is also a really good contender. He is the only one that does the spots and it's quite cool, and used ones in 40/42 will be a really good value.
There is also the Rainbow Country All State, and it's sort of a Buco repro, and you would take a 40 in that.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Are you thinking of getting a RMC? I am not a big fan of their J24 type. I believe the Lost Worlds J23 is a much better jacket for the money. Several days ago, a person was selling an original with an original belt and mouton in excellent condition for 1.3k US. That is a killer deal for what it is. If you want more details, P.M. me.

Good luck with the hunt.
I‘d like the details on the LW.
That said, it’s tough to compare lw and rmc. Really apples and oranges. Not that one or the other is better, just that the leather types and weights make them completely different jackets.

mm2673

New in Town
Thank you for the kind answers and suggestions. I decided to go for thr 40 in the old fit

Waiting to receive it

Now targeting a Mullholand.. with the same question

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Here is me around 150-155 with the old fit, size 40, over a heavyweight sweatshirt. I think it will be roomy enough for you, but could be too long.
I’m 5’10” and found tbe length perfect

mm2673

New in Town
Here is me around 150-155 with the old fit, size 40, over a heavyweight sweatshirt. I think it will be roomy enough for you, but could be too long.
I’m 5’10” and found tbe length perfect
not sure if you posted a picture, you are way taller than me

Mr. Hide

Familiar Face
As someone who recently bought (3) J-24's and finally gave up on the fit, I thought I'd give my 2 cents...

These jackets run TIGHT and I think oddly proportioned for the average American or someone with a healthy appetite. I'm 5'8", 175 lbs. and I had to buy xxxl underwear while in Japan lol. The arm length on the J-24 is also long and narrow for the old fit. The closest I got into was the new fit in a size 40 but the chest and shoulders were uncomfortably tight when crossing my arms. My best guess for your measurements would also be a size 40 in the old fit.

Best of luck and try to buy from somewhere with a good return policy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner