Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attn Cincinnati Folks

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
I just back from a great little thrift shop in Reading OH (Just north of downtown Cincinnati), called "Talk of the Town."

They had at least a dozen vintage hats, and at least half of them were in beautiful shape. Assorted Dobbs, Penney's, Borsolini, Stetsons and some other italian and english hats. Some really NICE stuff. Unfortunately, I walked away hatless. WHY? Because everything was too small for my big 7 3/8 long oval head! But my loss could be your gain, if any of you readers are in Cincy, and have a smaller head than mine. Check out "Talk of the Town" at the corner of Reading Rd and Vine St in Reading OH.

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
Prices

Prices weren't outrageous, but they weren't dirt cheap either. If I remember right prices were between $30-50 depending on the hat and it's condition.

I spoke to the owner of the shop, and most were from estate sales. There were a number of well worn items that would take some work to salvage, and one or two in unworn condition, with original price-tags still in/on them.

They also had a TON of hat vintage hat boxes, if anyone is interested...

Boris K

One of the Regulars

I am near Cincy, I'll have to stop by. I'll post results if I do.

This is the store information:

Talk of the Town
9111 Reading Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45215
(513) 563-8844

Note that Reading Rd. is also U.S. 42

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points